Secrets Inside the Box

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: Secrets Inside the Box

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Looks like there's 3. I remember 4 for some reason
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Yes, this discovery of three pressure plates has been around a while, and there's been a few search parties on what they do (I was part of one). Nothing has been discovered AFAIK.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Christian_Soldier
In-game: Christian_Soldier

by Christian_Soldier » Post

This post is kind of a list of what I've been doing since the comment by Wuzzy telling me about the Scores plate:

I've been thinking...what if there are pressure plates in the biome islands (other than the forest). There are pressure plates inside the other main islands, so maybe there's one in the tutorial "island" (since technically it's not an island, it's more like an area).

Unfortunately, when I checked the tutorial area (except where we teleport in from the tutorials, since that's unreachable without restarting them), I didn't find any pressure plates. Not even on the roof on of the hallways where there is a broken pile of blocks.

I haven't checked the biome islands yet, though. I probably will later.

When I was on the previously mentioned roof (where you can reach from the Play island's mini teleporter nearest to the Tutorial area), I realized that above me was an extremely broken box I didn't notice before. Its floor was intact, so I couldn't see inside, but its walls were practically destroyed, although what's left of them still hide the inside.
It seems to, like the unreachable cracked box, be connected to the area you teleport to after you complete the tutorial. Although, it connects through the ceiling, so I don't know how someone would get up there. I don't know whether this was old news or not, but I haven't noticed it before.

EDIT: Immediately after I posted this, I realized that maybe the whiteboard message change was a message from sofar, telling us that he's still working on it, or it's just a reminder that there IS an answer, we just need to keep searching.
END OF EDIT.

Anyway, although most of the things I've been doing were just random thoughts and questions about this whole thing, they might still be useful...maybe...
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0

Kurtzmusch
In-game: Kurtzmusch

by Kurtzmusch » Post

it seems there is a terminal on the exit loby now but no files on it so far...
Like Puzzles? Escape The Dungeon

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

it seems there is a terminal on the exit loby now but no files on it so far...
This “mystery” has a very simple explanation: The new terminal in the exit lobby was added because of a suggestion of mine. Since all terminals support telex now (commands to send messages to players even when they're offline), having a terminal in the exit makes it more convenient to send messages to the builder of the box you're just won. :)

It's possible that sofar will add a few text files later to explain a few things. Maybe.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Wuzzy wrote:It's possible that sofar will add a few text files later to explain a few things. Maybe.
Too busy fixing the breakage from you submitting patches translating integer values.... *grunt*

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:I've been thinking...what if there are pressure plates in the biome islands (other than the forest).
I've already checked this quite thoroughly and there are no pressure plates on any of the four islands. Rumor is that each island contains a pedestal but all except one of the pedestals are concealed.
Christian_Soldier wrote:Unfortunately, when I checked the tutorial area (except where we teleport in from the tutorials, since that's unreachable without restarting them), I didn't find any pressure plates. Not even on the roof on of the hallways where there is a broken pile of blocks.
I've checked inside the exit area that you go to after completing the tutorial and there are definitely no pressure plates in there either.
Christian_Soldier wrote:When I was on the previously mentioned roof (where you can reach from the Play island's mini teleporter nearest to the Tutorial area), I realized that above me was an extremely broken box I didn't notice before. Its floor was intact, so I couldn't see inside, but its walls were practically destroyed, although what's left of them still hide the inside.
I believe this is the area that you walk through after completing the tutorial, if I'm understanding your description correctly. It's been a while since I've had a look around that area but I only remember two broken boxes: the big unreachable one and the little one that's connected to the tutorial exit. The latter has some brown/bronze blocks on the side that look like a broken number.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

This topic needs more screenshots.
(Btw. I've heard that much information was lost due to the forum backup thing.)
(I should have posted this here earlier, but have forgotten it.)

So far I've found 3 pressure plates. One of them is the one in scores.
Then there's this in create:
screenshot_20190828_192005.png
screenshot_20190828_192005.png (39.57 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
And there's a secret entrance to the play island (don't jump, walk):
screenshot_20190828_184233.png
screenshot_20190828_184233.png (15.77 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
which leads to a secret room with the 3rd plate (the button opens an exit):
screenshot_20190828_184415.png
screenshot_20190828_184415.png (14.61 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Adjusting the near_plane setting, one can see that each of the four corner islands has a nexus:
(You already know the one in the for forest.)
(See next post (file limit of 3).)
Last edited by Desour on Fri Sep 27, 2019 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

screenshot_20190828_185533.png
screenshot_20190828_185533.png (7.52 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
screenshot_20190828_190419.png
screenshot_20190828_190419.png (9.13 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
And there's a nexus inside this happy little mountain / rock / whatever:
(Note that one can see something like a dark corridor heading to this side of the rock. Maybe there's something that opens the rock on this side.)
screenshot_20190828_185036.png
screenshot_20190828_185036.png (18.66 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Desour

by Desour » Post

And here is a screenshot from the end of the tutorial:
screenshot_20190828_195609.png
screenshot_20190828_195609.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Maybe zoom and fast can help getting and looking into the other cracked box.

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

DS-minetest wrote:Adjusting the near_plane setting, one can see that each of the four corner islands has a nexus:
DS-minetest wrote:Maybe zoom and fast can help getting and looking into the other cracked box.
Please do not cheat/hack in order to find stuff that's supposed to be secret and/or discovered in a legitimate way.

That said, the pedestal inside the mountain/rock was already discovered through a legitimate and unintentional glitch and I had already suspected that there would be more on the other corner islands.

Pudding

by Pudding » Post

There is a secret room hidden in box 25. By taking a leap of faith one can be enlightened.

Wuzzy

Hidden "eggs" in Box 431

by Wuzzy » Post

There are at least 3 hidden switches in box 431. If you flip one of them, a sign appears which says "you found a Egg! Well done!" [sic!].
Spoiler
Here are the hidden switch locations:

In the present:
1) In the little gap right from the time portal but left from the dirt with podzol (take a few steps back to see the switch)

In the past:
2) In Mr Big guys store, there's a switch in a dark corner
3) In the time store at the ceiling at the end of the walkway
I don't know if there are only 3 hidden "eggs" or if there are more.

EDIT: @Pudding: Are you sure it isn't just the "secret" room that is needed to solve the puzzle? Or is it something else? I don't know what to look for.

Wuzzy

Box 586 accolades

by Wuzzy » Post

You can earn several optional "accolades" in box 586. Eight accolades are known. They are shown as signs next to the furnace. Can you get them all?
Spoiler
- Learned to smelt: Use the furnace to smelt an ore (place black ore and colored ore)
- Fully equipped: Have pickaxe, shovel and axe
- Forged a ladder: Forge your first ladder
- No hints!: Get the nexus cube without using any hints
- It takes two!: Get the nexus cube with only two ladders placed
- No rope? No problem!: Smelt an iron block (1 black ore + 1 brown ore at furnace) without extending the rope (do not dig directly below the rope)
- Gold hoarder: Obtain 8 gold blocks (1 gold block = place 1 black ore + 1 gold ore at furnace)
- Planter of irrelevant wheat: Pick up hay and place it on the black wool inside the house. Wheat seeds will appear. Pick them up and plant them on the soil outside, next to the other crops

rob123
GitHub: qwerty123a2
In-game: joe and joergeg

by rob123 » Post

Is there a secret in tutorial 5?
If my post says something, it is a opinion and not fact unless i say so

Pudding

Re: Hidden "eggs" in Box 431

by Pudding » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 01:10
Are you sure it isn't just the "secret" room that is needed to solve the puzzle? Or is it something else? I don't know what to look for.
The secret room hidden in box 25 isn't needed to solve the box but can be used for a faster solve time.
Spoiler
Box 25
Jump in the middle of lava.
Last edited by Pudding on Wed Oct 26, 2022 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

rob123

by rob123 » Post

the meeting room was open.
:(
Last edited by rob123 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 06:51, edited 1 time in total.

Danyy
In-game: Danyy

by Danyy » Post

Go to meeting room. there are 4 chest.
The 4 chest are empty so someone already taked them.
also in each natural island there's a nexus pedestal. (4 islands)
but only one island has a nexus.
i think each chest had a nexus (1 in forest island,3 unknow(not in chest or pedestal) )
i tryied to reach the cracked box but it seems impossible to reach.
Impossible Entrance
Impossible Entrance
crackedbox.png (340.56 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Desour

by Desour » Post

Danyy wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 21:18
Go to meeting room. there are 4 chest.
The 4 chest are empty so someone already taked them.
How did you find out that they are empty? Last time I checked, I wasn't able to bypass the metal bars.

Danyy
In-game: Danyy

by Danyy » Post

there aren't any metal bars
..?
screenshot_20210329_161255.png
screenshot_20210329_161255.png (363.78 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Desour

by Desour » Post

Danyy wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 22:17
there aren't any metal bars
..?
screenshot_20210329_161255.png
Ah, thanks!
I've taken a look when I had read rob123's comment, and the bars were still there. I didn't expect another change happening so fast.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The Nexus Pedestal in the Forest has a Nexus on it now!!!! What is happening????

Edit: Let me think about this:
There are 4 chests, and 4 "biomes" (forest, plains, lake and ice). Maybe there is one nexus per island? But I have not found any other pedestals on those biomes. However, I know there is one more pedestal in the Create Island. But no nexus ...

I am still puzzled what the hidden pressure plates are for. Does anyone have found more of them, apart from the 3 we already know? (Create, Scores, Play)

Christian_Soldier
In-game: Christian_Soldier

by Christian_Soldier » Post

I think I see a pattern in the pressure plate placements. It's each of the main non-biome islands. Maybe the last one is hidden somewhere in the Tutorial entrance/exit. Unfortunately, though, I can't join you guys in the search right now. I have school stuff to do. Please post pictures, and Good Luck!
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0

rob123

by rob123 » Post

the pedestal in the forest had a nexus on it when i started playing.I started playing 3 months ago.
edit:
how do you get into forest?

Pudding

by Pudding » Post

rob123 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 06:55
how do you get into forest?
There is a hidden path through the trees to get to the pedestal. Use the sign on pedestal as reference to where the entrance to the path is.