Lone_Wolf

GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

v-rob

GitHub: v-rob

Re: Secrets Inside the Box

by v-rob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 00:57

Yes, this discovery of three pressure plates has been around a while, and there's been a few search parties on what they do (I was part of one). Nothing has been discovered AFAIK.

Christian_Soldier

In-game: Christian_Soldier

by Christian_Soldier » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30

This post is kind of a list of what I've been doing since the comment by Wuzzy telling me about the Scores plate:

I've been thinking...what if there are pressure plates in the biome islands (other than the forest). There are pressure plates inside the other main islands, so maybe there's one in the tutorial "island" (since technically it's not an island, it's more like an area).

Unfortunately, when I checked the tutorial area (except where we teleport in from the tutorials, since that's unreachable without restarting them), I didn't find any pressure plates. Not even on the roof on of the hallways where there is a broken pile of blocks.

I haven't checked the biome islands yet, though. I probably will later.

When I was on the previously mentioned roof (where you can reach from the Play island's mini teleporter nearest to the Tutorial area), I realized that above me was an extremely broken box I didn't notice before. Its floor was intact, so I couldn't see inside, but its walls were practically destroyed, although what's left of them still hide the inside.
It seems to, like the unreachable cracked box, be connected to the area you teleport to after you complete the tutorial. Although, it connects through the ceiling, so I don't know how someone would get up there. I don't know whether this was old news or not, but I haven't noticed it before.

EDIT: Immediately after I posted this, I realized that maybe the whiteboard message change was a message from sofar, telling us that he's still working on it, or it's just a reminder that there IS an answer, we just need to keep searching.
END OF EDIT.

Anyway, although most of the things I've been doing were just random thoughts and questions about this whole thing, they might still be useful...maybe...
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0

Kurtzmusch

In-game: Kurtzmusch

by Kurtzmusch » Thu Sep 12, 2019 15:33

it seems there is a terminal on the exit loby now but no files on it so far...
Like Puzzles? Escape The Dungeon

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 16:17

it seems there is a terminal on the exit loby now but no files on it so far...

This “mystery” has a very simple explanation: The new terminal in the exit lobby was added because of a suggestion of mine. Since all terminals support telex now (commands to send messages to players even when they're offline), having a terminal in the exit makes it more convenient to send messages to the builder of the box you're just won. :)

It's possible that sofar will add a few text files later to explain a few things. Maybe.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

sofar
Developer

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 22:35

Wuzzy wrote:It's possible that sofar will add a few text files later to explain a few things. Maybe.

Too busy fixing the breakage from you submitting patches translating integer values.... *grunt*

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 14:01

Christian_Soldier wrote:I've been thinking...what if there are pressure plates in the biome islands (other than the forest).

I've already checked this quite thoroughly and there are no pressure plates on any of the four islands. Rumor is that each island contains a pedestal but all except one of the pedestals are concealed.
Christian_Soldier wrote:Unfortunately, when I checked the tutorial area (except where we teleport in from the tutorials, since that's unreachable without restarting them), I didn't find any pressure plates. Not even on the roof on of the hallways where there is a broken pile of blocks.

I've checked inside the exit area that you go to after completing the tutorial and there are definitely no pressure plates in there either.
Christian_Soldier wrote:When I was on the previously mentioned roof (where you can reach from the Play island's mini teleporter nearest to the Tutorial area), I realized that above me was an extremely broken box I didn't notice before. Its floor was intact, so I couldn't see inside, but its walls were practically destroyed, although what's left of them still hide the inside.

I believe this is the area that you walk through after completing the tutorial, if I'm understanding your description correctly. It's been a while since I've had a look around that area but I only remember two broken boxes: the big unreachable one and the little one that's connected to the tutorial exit. The latter has some brown/bronze blocks on the side that look like a broken number.

Previous

Return to General Discussion