Modded world not loading

MrOverCast
GitHub: MrOverCast
IRC: MrOverCast
In-game: MrOverCast

Modded world not loading

by MrOverCast » Post

Hello

So i have a modpack that i have put together and have been playing for sometime now. i leave my computer on while i sleep because i wait for quarry's to finish. Everything was running like it was suppose to be. i went to my job and came home and opened a Virtual machine to look at messages and open minetest. i went into my world and nothing will load i can get in the world and move around but it only loads a small area and if you try to walk off the small area you stop form a invisible wall. when i disable the technic mod everything works again. i tried to download a new techinc file but it didn't do anything. every world works besides this survival world https://imgur.com/a/j4X6DVZ
Last edited by MrOverCast on Sun Dec 30, 2018 04:06, edited 4 times in total.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

Re: Modded world not loading

by MCL » Post

I would recommend you confronting the author of the Tehcnic mod.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

MrOverCast

by MrOverCast » Post

migdyn wrote:I would recommend you confronting the author of the Tehcnic mod.
apparently their dead or something. i read it while i was looking at the mod or its not being supported anymore.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

MrOverCast wrote:
migdyn wrote:I would recommend you confronting the author of the Tehcnic mod.
apparently their dead or something. i read it while i was looking at the mod or its not being supported anymore.
Aaah. The fact that the mod is not supported may be the cause of the issue. The version you downloaded was probably for an older version of Minetest. And you said something about using a quarry. Isn't the area that the quarry covers 24x24 nodes? If yes, the quarry could've caused the problem.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

MrOverCast

by MrOverCast » Post

i am not sure its not exactly 24x24 nodes its like one chunk or something and i downloaded the newest version of the mod and it seems to be updated now idk anymore

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Technic is still maintained and very supported. Consider opening an issue at https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic/issues.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

MrOverCast

by MrOverCast » Post

GreenDimond wrote:Technic is still maintained and very supported. Consider opening an issue at https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic/issues.
i am not really interested in making a github account and i dont know if the issue could be because the world got corrupted because every other world with quarrys work fine besides that one

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

I've got two questions for you:

1) Did you observe the same issue without the technic mod?
Yes: Not technic's fault. If it still happens without any additional mod, consider filing an issue to the Minetest core repository.
No: Update technic and increase the setting max_forceloaded_blocks (Advanced Settings or edit minetest.conf). Maybe it cannot handle this low number of forceloads - and keeps trying to forceload blocks.

2) If "No" in 1) did not help, could you please post the contents of your minetest.conf file here in

Code: Select all

tags?
If you have some spare time, also install a recent build of 5.0.0-dev and check whether it happens there as well.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

MrOverCast

by MrOverCast » Post

Krock wrote:I've got two questions for you:

1) Did you observe the same issue without the technic mod?
Yes: Not technic's fault. If it still happens without any additional mod, consider filing an issue to the Minetest core repository.
No: Update technic and increase the setting max_forceloaded_blocks (Advanced Settings or edit minetest.conf). Maybe it cannot handle this low number of forceloads - and keeps trying to forceload blocks.

2) If "No" in 1) did not help, could you please post the contents of your minetest.conf file here in

Code: Select all

tags?
If you have some spare time, also install a recent build of 5.0.0-dev and check whether it happens there as well.[/quote]

I did not experience this issue with with the mod uninstalled and or with other worlds only this one survival world.but now the mod wont show up in any of my worlds. all the other mods will show up in my worlds besides technic. the mod is enabled and it shows up on the mod list but it wont load in the world. and its saying this? https://imgur.com/a/uNjzPlM