Page 1 of 1

Any good servers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 07:11
by aka_anonymous
I started playing Minetest again recently. Any good servers recommendations? That aren't creative? Also if any have basic_machines then they are good.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 07:58
by Festus1965
good, mhhh
* basic_machines and
* NO creative

a bit less to be sure (but with this selection you start)
* Pandorabox
* Asia Thailand Minetest.one
*

just look servers.minetest.net and see their mods, and test them YOURSELF ... sure better, more accurate and save then to wait for others meaning. Be yourself !

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:37
by Sokomine
The Jungle server might fit those criteria. I havn't really visited it but met some players on the Search-for-Lilly-Server. basic_machines seems to be installed, both servers are connected via chat, and the players seemed very friendly and capable builders.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 13:25
by Andrey01
aka_anonymous wrote:I started playing Minetest again recently. Any good servers recommendations? That aren't creative crap? Also if any have basic_machines then they are good.

Why are you saying "creative crap"? Servers with creative mode are nice, too, e.g VanessaE`s creative servers.

An answer to your question:
Try Not So Simple server IV with NSSM mod or Inside The Box well or Subgames For All. Those are survival, just i`m not sure they have basic_machines mod.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 17:41
by Master_CJ
Just Test Tribute!!

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 17:42
by Master_CJ
JT2 is a fun server and the people are kind

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 06:06
by aka_anonymous
Thanks to all

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 07:56
by aka_anonymous
Master_CJ wrote:JT2 is a fun server and the people are kind

I've only played on JT2 a little bit so far but Its really good :D thanks

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 13:19
by Festus1965
aka_anonymous wrote:I've only played on JT2 a little bit so far but Its really good :D thanks


Where am I ?
Just played one server, then this is good so far, as you had no reason to leave.

I had been on about 15 yet, my daughter near 30, testing them all ... this mean to be able to say good or not ... i thought ...

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 17:51
by firefox
Xanadu is a high quality server.
we don't have the machines mod , but hoppers and autocrafters. with some creativity, you can connect them large-scale production chains that greatly speed up multi-step crafting processes.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 20:52
by Wuzzy
- JT2
- Inside The Box
- Subgames for all!
- *** BuildBattle *** by Telesight
- Jungle

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 20:56
by aka_anonymous
Festus1965 wrote:
aka_anonymous wrote:I've only played on JT2 a little bit so far but Its really good :D thanks


Where am I ?
Just played one server, then this is good so far, as you had no reason to leave.

I had been on about 15 yet, my daughter near 30, testing them all ... this mean to be able to say good or not ... i thought ...

I don't know what your saying. I like JT2 but there's no machines, so I play on other servers too like Survival X or Blazecraft.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 16:22
by cHyper
Image ... some mineclone2-server!!!

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 20:30
by aka_anonymous
You say mineclone2 but your on "Grown Ups Clone Factions" hmmm...

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15
by yw05
I recommend LinuxWorks Server. There are lots of trains there and others are nice (because we don't have PvP).

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 07:07
by aka_anonymous
yw05 wrote:I recommend LinuxWorks Server. There are lots of trains there and others are nice (because we don't have PvP).

No PvP? :d

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03
by yw05
aka_anonymous wrote:
yw05 wrote:I recommend LinuxWorks Server. There are lots of trains there and others are nice (because we don't have PvP).

No PvP? :d


Well, PvP does make the game more "fun", but I personally don't prefer violance and people going online only to kill each other. At least I would prefer a place where people don't always mess up with others - except for the griefer who got banned in iptables due to repeated persistence and logging in under different usernames.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:36
by Linuxdirk
yw05 wrote:Well, PvP does make the game more "fun", but I personally don't prefer violance and people going online only to kill each other.

The current combat system is virtually non-existent. PvP in Minetest is far away from being fun even with mods.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:42
by yw05
Linuxdirk wrote:
yw05 wrote:Well, PvP does make the game more "fun", but I personally don't prefer violance and people going online only to kill each other.

The current combat system is virtually non-existent. PvP in Minetest is far away from being fun even with mods.

Yes, that's the thing - I don't see what's wrong without PvP.

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:44
by Miniontoby
ctf.rubenwardy.com port: 3001 is a good server(with PVP)

Re: Any good servers?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 23:02
by aka_anonymous
Cool, I'll check it out.