Should we "advertise" Minetest better ?

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: Should we "advertise" Minetest better ?

by Festus1965 » Post

LMD wrote:Image
I guess this isn't yours Festus ?
We are not in a world of guessing, and to answer this question you just had to check my main server IP and this server IP - they area same
so YES, it is me and my (successful) fight against let multi-craft server be on top of a MINETEST server list ... that is a no go !
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
LMD wrote:Image
I guess this isn't yours Festus ?
We are not in a world of guessing, and to answer this question you just had to check my main server IP and this server IP - they area same
so YES, it is me and my (successful) fight against let multi-craft server be on top of a MINETEST server list ... that is a no go !
And what does this give you? ;) You have a huge ego.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

oh poor
MoNTE48 wrote:And what does this give you? ;) You have a huge ego.
Didn't read my answer or not able to understand ?
Should I make more easy short answer ? ... in hope you might get it ?

This is a MINETEST forum, a MINETEST server list, a MINETEST called/name free open source software MINETEST,
on even named minetest.net domain ...

what does Multicraft have to do in here ?

Answer: nothing ! it is not MINETEST

and I act against them - I have the guts

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:oh poor
MoNTE48 wrote:And what does this give you? ;) You have a huge ego.
Didn't read my answer or not able to understand ?
Should I make more easy short answer ? ... in hope you might get it ?

This is a MINETEST forum, a MINETEST server list, a MINETEST called/name free open source software MINETEST,
on even named minetest.net domain ...

what does Multicraft have to do in here ?

Answer: nothing ! it is not MINETEST

and I act against them - I have the guts
Ha-ha!
MultiCraft is just a subgame for Minetest :)
With a slightly modified engine for more convenient use on mobile devices.

Lejo
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo

by Lejo » Post

Not official server = disallowed on MINETEST Serverlist
Not official client = disallowed on MT servers.
Make your own servers for your clients on your Serverlist.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Lejo wrote:Not official server = disallowed on MINETEST Serverlist
Is this your opinion or I can read it in the Minetest license?
What is an unofficial client? What is not an official server?
Who should solve this? The server of this Thai cannot be official either, he is not a core developer.

Lejo
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo

by Lejo » Post

I just mean that you have the client or server from Minetest.net(or mt hit repo) and from nowhere else.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:Is this your opinion or I can read it in the Minetest license?
Who should solve this? The server of this Thai cannot be official either, he is not a core developer.
Oh nice Idea, how many servers are then left if only core devs are allowed to host one ... 5 to 10 left ?
And you didn't check out anything ... I am not a Thai ... so my question goes further, did you understood anything ...

or are you just jealous ? If your so good, set up or promote a server you like ... I proofed and told my opinion minetest, and only minetest, or have a look on the last option forum mine or test ... multicraft has nothing of both.

and even another guys, mean to have true minetest ore old minetest, are banned here and from server list ... so I can sure assume to be on the right way

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Lejo wrote:I just mean that you have the client or server from Minetest.net(or mt hit repo) and from nowhere else.
Lejo, I can run my server using the Minetest client. And what will it change? Or I can not use the word MultiCraft in the name of the server, because you do not like it?

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
MoNTE48 wrote:Is this your opinion or I can read it in the Minetest license?
Oh nice Idea, how many servers are then left if only core devs are allowed to host one ... 5 to 10 left ?
And you didn't check out anything ... I am not a Thai ... so my question goes further, did you understood anything ...

or are you just jealous ? If your so good, set up or promote a server you like ... I proofed and told my opinion minetest, and only minetest, or have a look on the last option forum mine or test ... multicraft has nothing of both.

and even another guys, mean to have true minetest ore old minetest, are banned here and from server list ... so I can sure assume to be on the right way
I'm not going to compete, prove something or do it. You are an adult man, and you speak like a child, it makes me laugh. I'm just having fun, like you. This is my hobby, which has become too expensive lately. But it is my right to decide what to spend personal time and money on.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:Or I can not use the word MultiCraft in the name of the server, because you do not like it?
I can delete the mc name at server, I will get the same effect and be number one, as I decided for a short time to spend dome money and time. So then there will be no more posts anymore from you, as you wrote don't want to spend time ... so bye, ... and after all this, I have not got any reason or point out of your posts.

edit: Multicraft is deleted out of server name, description ... and I am sure, soon number one again.

add: yes, after server just run 5 minutes = number one again, without naming the most visitors app.
61 , and both names servers with the wrong app, in minetest list together have 53 ... so what mean knowledge ?
Last edited by Festus1965 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12, edited 2 times in total.

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:You are an adult man, and you speak like a child, it makes me laugh.
Where's the problem? Do you want to say, that you don't discuss with children? Doing that move: Don't react with arguments, react with emotions. This tells a lot of your character. Politican do this if their arguments are exhausted....

By the way:
MoNTE48 wrote:Me do not like many Minetest developers
But paying them to work on your own game.

Or..
proller wrote:But you lying
His answer
MoNTE48 wrote:I do not care about you and your opinions.
So long!
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

Lejo wrote:Not official server = disallowed on MINETEST Serverlist
+1 for this opinion. Not official clients are disallowed on my servers for long time now. And theres no problem with vandalism or flooding chat.

In opposite the server of Thomas
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

I believe that open source software must be fully open! I have the right to create my own server and allow access for all players. You have the right to deny access to non-official clients. After all, the official Serverlist supports banning servers. Therefore, if someone behaves incorrectly, he may be blocked. I have many ideas for improving the sorting of the server list. And maybe I will even do PR in the future. I know that unofficial clients can use different cheats, allow flight on survival servers and so on. Yes, this is a problem and we must fight it. But MultiCraft plays by the rules and does nothing. As long as my fork has 100% protocol compatibility and does not use cheats, it has the right to use the Minetest server. Otherwise you would violate the very essence of open source software. You provided me with the source code and would prohibit the use of its functionality.

TalkLounge, Well, I may have said a bit of excess in the past. I sincerely hope that I have become a better person. But you have to admit that some developers do not understand the essence of open source software and act very biased and incorrectly with respect to forks. If you don’t like someone using your open source code, just don’t post it! Create your game from scratch and keep the source code with you.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:... As long as my fork has 100% protocol compatibility and does not use cheats, it has the right to use the Minetest server. .
As long it is a fork with another name, it has nothing to do anymore with minetest ...
Someone decided to want to have own fork, mean separating from the core minetest team,
then you have to accept also every thing your own.

Own fork client, and want also own fork name server on have to use also own fork name server list ...

It is not acceptable that have the power to fork, but still wanna use other free services ?

Its called parasite ...

... as minetest bases on some people spent a lot of time and also money for some core services (list, forum, website) ... do you pay something for it ?

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
MoNTE48 wrote:... As long as my fork has 100% protocol compatibility and does not use cheats, it has the right to use the Minetest server. .
As long it is a fork with another name, it has nothing to do anymore with minetest ...
Someone decided to want to have own fork, mean separating from the core minetest team,
then you have to accept also every thing your own.

Own fork client, and want also own fork name server on have to use also own fork name server list ...

It is not acceptable that have the power to fork, but still wanna use other free services ?

Its called parasite ...

... as minetest bases on some people spent a lot of time and also money for some core services (list, forum, website) ... do you pay something for it ?
That's your opinion. So far Minetest does not contain additions to the license, rules for using the server list, etc. these are just words of a 55 year old man who is trying to prove something. Just have fun and keep it simple :) I'm not an enemy to your community, and MultiCraft players just do not create any problems.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:That's your opinion. So far Minetest does not contain additions to the license, rules for using the server list, etc. these are just words of a 55 year old man who is trying to prove something. Just have fun and keep it simple :) I'm not an enemy to your community, and MultiCraft players just do not create any problems.
I am 53, and you talk about minetest itself,
but the server-list is NOT under the game or license itself ... there are other rules. We work on it ... and I am preparing another 2 server (you or whoever has also 3), catching those miss leaded gamer, using a fork that need the help of the source people and their paid server-list.

no problems - mhh that is definition, look where they play and see what they build and destroy - that is no problems ? did you take drugs ?

no problems ? why do you think most server blocked this name123 gamer, because of no problems ? hahaha, I guess it is proofed that they make problems

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

This conversation becomes meaningless. In my country they say "Woe from the mind!".
These discussions are more like holivar. But we all know that they are useless. Take a cold beer, turn on the music and rest. It got too hot!

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:This conversation becomes meaningless. ... Take a cold beer, turn on the music and rest. It got too hot!
I don't drink beer, I don't smoke ... but I have now one server that makes you already a problem. So far ... Point for me.
Yes, your meaning is still without real facts, and still your a parasite. make our own "multicraft server list" post your server there, and all is fine ...

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
MoNTE48 wrote:This conversation becomes meaningless. ... Take a cold beer, turn on the music and rest. It got too hot!
I don't drink beer, I don't smoke ... but I have now one server that makes you already a problem. So far ... Point for me.
Yes, your meaning is still without real facts, and still your a parasite. make our own "multicraft server list" post your server there, and all is fine ...
I did a lot better :) MultiCraft now supports several lists :)
And by the way - I have no problems. I'm glad that my players can play on your server if it works well. I am sincerely glad that there are such enthusiasts like you who do not spare money for a good server and allow many players to play in one place. Without lags and crashes. Good luck with that.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

I did a poll about the one question to keep them in the server list:
advertise Minetest better, mean also protect ours - and don't allow them to use our infrastructure

just imagine, someone copy a car, make own name, but sell them at the offices of the original - how might Mercedes and BMW think about it ?

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:I did a lot better :) MultiCraft now supports several lists :)
Yes, nice - I had this Idea long time ago, as of the ping problem, but "minetest" didn't want it.

So good, then you don't need the servers in our (minetest) list anymore,
as if, we also can use your other lists, with all your same not arguments you are listing.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Festus1965 wrote: Its called parasite ...
If you feel happier using such a phrase you may have to.
Yet the the open source license minetest uses allows exactly that.

... and I must confess, I consider it a fundamental feature of open source culture to allow such behavior although it may be hard to tolerate. As far as I remember MoNTE48 has tried to play by the legal rules of minetest and has adjusted his project according to advice from minetest people when needed. I'm absolutely against the idea that nobody should ever achieve financial gain by using minetest in some way or other. Actually I would love to see some more projects that do so.

Of course I do indeed think that if somebody does manage to generate some money with minetest it would be only fair to give something back to the project, not necessarily money, there are many ways to help a project. But this is a moral issue not a legal one. Even under this aspect I don't think MultiCraft rightfully deserves all the bashing in contrast to some other true "parasites" of the past.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Thanks for this! As I said earlier, I am ready to make backport any function of MultiCraft that will be of interest to the Minetest community. I also plan to publish several interesting mods from MultiCraft and ensure compatibility with Minetest 5.0. What about the many fixes made to the code? I have a lot of enthusiasm. But after I hear the word "parasite", the button "New pull request" stops pressing :)
And when the guy who didn’t make a single contribution to Minetest writes such things without understanding anything in jurisprudence, but only knowing how to use Google Searsh... Guy! Who are you? Are you by any chance a communist? :)

"Ah before I forget it I prefer you to delete it yourself to save your developer account see here what’s the Problem:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/850 ... lgpl-issue
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/288 ... n-sourcing
Just for you I told you!!!"

GUY! Read - https://www.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/xcode.pdf

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:But after I hear the word "parasite", the button "New pull request" stops pressing :)
after, ok have you ever been part of minetest dev,
have you ever posted a better code version in github,
as I could understand they are slow sometime

but I guess not, you choose to copy and paste and fix that issues you might have found yourself into another fork named app ... then keep stop pressing issue

but still is a parasite, using other payed services with ANOTHER fork ... nothing will change this