* it is a fork, still main most minetest code (but why then not the others ?)
* sure, they take all the crap gamer (proofed in watching them, the servers they get in) collected there, protect our servers
* it is a fork, so someone decide to make changes in code, change name - why he should still be in out list paid by our people (=out with the parasite)
* as also need to use our list, make gamer separating in more and more diff apps, mean loading wrong (forked) app, but not able to manage all parts of this service ? Do all (client, server, list) or die as other miss-leaded apps.
* whatever the protocol is same, the license might be similar - but it is not minetest named
* they can use the less mts, which are still open and learn to play real and decide to change to minetest app
* if forks stay, the coordinated work on the source code will get nearly impossible, as like now with change to 5.0 - they have to copy all again, or otherwise some day sure nothing fix together anymore (need guidelines ?)
more facts to decide;
sure I will offer them when I see some in the postings - so we might reload the poll enlarged with more arguments in 30 days
other discussion now and there posted pros and cons: source: https://github.com/minetest/master-server/issues/32:
It should be clarified if 3rd party applications that were forked from any of the Minetest releases should be allowed on the official Minetest server list or if there should be usage guidelines or technical solutions to prevent forks being listed.
* Forks "steal" players from other servers because most of them are more popular than Minetest, especially on mobile
* Forks are not Minetest, but it is the Minetest server list
* Forks are not Minetest, but players expect Minetest and not some altered somewhat compatible other software based on Minetest
* There could be licensing issues with the forks
* Preconfiguring and hosting an own serverlist server is easy and forks can and should do that
* They centralize (most) mobile gamers on their own servers and mobile gamers are not that much liked by some Minetest server hosters.
* Do nothing because a fork can simply announce itself as normal Minetest server anyways
* I am not sure about some statistics showed us last time, as they are against all the information we got before (to detect a client) - so how to use them as facts ?
* We have no proof about if there are a lot of bots in it, the behavior of them on some servers are stange, and show no any sign of understood the game ...
* Would it be a lost, if a) to forbid the servers and b) still block this name123 gamer ? And if yes, how can we convict them to use original ?
we need to find a solution,
Multicraft started already with own app, using our servers
now Multicraft places own named servers in this minetest server list
what will come next, if we don't stand the core ? mean code and name ?
this poll is for the devs, admins also gamer ... it is the question if minetest keeps minetest ... as if all is allowed, maybe we might not know anymore what we play anywhere ... and at the end minetest is not sen anymore between all this ...