Don't send me back to the index page on login/registration

xerus
GitHub: xerus2000
In-game: xerus

Don't send me back to the index page on login/registration

by xerus » Post

I don't know if a discussion about this forum is in the right place here, but this is a little quality of life thing I find REALLY annoying: I was viewing a topic, wanted to reply, had to make an account, but after the registration it sends me back to the index page, as if I had never clicked reply. So I ended up using my back button a bazillion times to get back to the topic...
I can sort of understand this for registration, since you have to confirm your account anyways before logging in, but when I login and am then sent back to the index page, this is just annoying!

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

Re: Don't send me back to the index page on login/registrati

by yw05 » Post

xerus wrote:I don't know if a discussion about this forum is in the right place here, but this is a little quality of life thing I find REALLY annoying: I was viewing a topic, wanted to reply, had to make an account, but after the registration it sends me back to the index page, as if I had never clicked reply. So I ended up using my back button a bazillion times to get back to the topic...
I can sort of understand this for registration, since you have to confirm your account anyways before logging in, but when I login and am then sent back to the index page, this is just annoying!
I guess the forum was designed to do so because I also get redirected to the index page when I log in.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Don't send me back to the index page on login/registrati

by Krock » Post

This is phpBB (forum software) related. Maybe an update would help, but depending on the custom changes here it might get very time-consuming to do that.

> So I ended up using my back button a bazillion times to get back to the topic...

You can also press the back button for a long time, so that the history dropdown box appears.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>