question about MT's "join game" ??

EnthLojeek

question about MT's "join game" ??

by EnthLojeek » Post

i'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this but here goes nothing......
theres a number of questions i've come across since playing in the "blocky survival" join game....
it's one of the 1st entries in the list usually for me.....

if there's anyone in the forum here that frequents the join game sessions please contact me if you like.....

just a fe\/\/ questions @ the moment.....
1. travelnet box permissions? - \/\/ho can setup a travelnet box for transit?
2. \/\/ould it be a bad idea to ask people anything for crafting needs unless addressed formally in the chat?
3. do i need to setup an IRC account for chat to people in the game environment @ runtime?
4. is there some ranking system going on in the game environment (like earning achievements for specific crafting)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: question about MT's "join game" ??

by Krock » Post

EnthLojeek wrote:it's one of the 1st entries in the list usually for me.....
Visited servers are automatically marked as favourites. To make it disappear from the list, remove the yellow star on the left side by clicking "Del. Favorite". The server will no longer be on top of all others.
EnthLojeek wrote:1. travelnet box permissions? - \/\/ho can setup a travelnet box for transit?
Some servers customize their mods, so I'll be speaking about the default behaviour.
Everyone who can open any unconfigured formspec of the travelnet. There are no area protection checks for this case. Additionally the "travelnet_attach" privilege allows you to set up a station for another player's network.
EnthLojeek wrote:2. \/\/ould it be a bad idea to ask people anything for crafting needs unless addressed formally in the chat?
Asking for the craft recipe is usually superfluous: there are inventory mods which allow an easy lookup. If you're asking for resources, don't expect people to give them to you for free. Trading is always allowed.
EnthLojeek wrote:3. do i need to setup an IRC account for chat to people in the game environment @ runtime?
AFAIK Blocky Survival also has an IRC <---> Discord bridge where the IRC channel is connected to the game. You can join either of them if you'd like to chat without being online in-game. Consider using a different name than in-game because you'll be pinging your own name while chatting (happened to me at least).
EnthLojeek wrote:4. is there some ranking system going on in the game environment (like earning achievements for specific crafting)
Not that I'd know on Blocky Survival. There are however mods like [url=tps://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=4870]awards[/url] or skyblock which may even give you resources when you reached a certain target.
xdecor provides an enchantment table which allows every player to enhance their tools. In combination with an anvil for tool repairing this might be close to cheating.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>