Can I copy results from cammond console?

LC Creations

Can I copy results from cammond console?

by LC Creations » Tue Jul 30, 2019 01:48

Hello. I want to know if it is possible to to copy the results inside the command console of minetest after typing the command. NOT THE COMMAND. For example, if I type something like "\item_strings_get doors" the command console gives me results and I want to copy those to my clipboard. Is that possible? Is it possible to save them to a file? I have spend 2 days researching and trying things on my own and didnt find anything.

patrick55

Re: Can I copy results from cammond console?

by patrick55 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 01:57

Why you need this?
LC Creations wrote:Hello. I want to know if it is possible to to copy the results inside the command console of minetest after typing the command. NOT THE COMMAND. For example, if I type something like "\item_strings_get doors" the command console gives me results and I want to copy those to my clipboard. Is that possible? Is it possible to save them to a file? I have spend 2 days researching and trying things on my own and didnt find anything.

Krock
Developer

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Tue Jul 30, 2019 17:21

That would be handy, but the current code only draws label-like text which cannot be marked and copied.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

patrick55

by patrick55 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 01:07

Krock wrote:That would be handy, but the current code only draws label-like text which cannot be marked and copied.

Change the source code, you can do anything you want.

talamh

Little CSM to copy command outputs

by talamh » Wed Jul 31, 2019 15:33

I wrote a CSM that might get the job done. At the very least you can use it to log the commands output to standard output and copy from your terminal.

https://github.com/talamh/csm_copy_command

I might have another stab at this later as this was just a quick effort when I had a few minute spare.

LC Creations

by LC Creations » Thu Aug 01, 2019 21:40

Talamh you are a hero. Thanks. I know so much C# but not much lua.

Return to General Discussion