Mumble

Dogers

Mumble

by Dogers » Post

Hail everyone , wouldn't it be great to have a community Mumble (http://mumble.sourceforge.net) server for voice communication ? I mean a mumble for all the public servers with a channel for each server .

I post this because I can't host one myself since my computer is not launch every time :x .

Farewell !
Last edited by Dogers on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Dogers or dttdogers in-game
---------------------------------
My personal page : http://dttdogers.blogspot.com/

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Hmm, no. I don't speak english (voice), I'd prefer servers themselves having mumble/whatever.

quimkaos

by quimkaos » Post

voice communication is always harder to track and to use than written communication. Just imagine 100 people trying to speak at the same time. Don get me wrong... i love mumble... i prefer it over the 2 main stream voice communication programs. Just so you can have a picture, i play Lineage II in a private server, and my alliance uses team speak. During siege time, we are about 250 people on the same channel. At that time we have to use the silence rule (you may speak only if it is absolutely necessary) so we can understand each other and work together correctly. For community effects, IRC and forums are way better! Voice chat is for more personal acquaintance.

Dogers

by Dogers » Post

Hum . You've made you point . I have not seen in that way , sorry :') !
Last edited by Dogers on Thu Aug 25, 2011 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Dogers or dttdogers in-game
---------------------------------
My personal page : http://dttdogers.blogspot.com/

incentive

by incentive » Post

Would anyone be interested for a minetest channel on any mumble server(example: mumble.se)?

Outside of minetest(minecraft) I'm on a minecraft server where they have a dedicated mumble server(mumble.supermine.se).

incentive

by incentive » Post

quimkaos wrote:voice communication is always harder to track and to use than written communication. Just imagine 100 people trying to speak at the same time. Don get me wrong... i love mumble... i prefer it over the 2 main stream voice communication programs. Just so you can have a picture, i play Lineage II in a private server, and my alliance uses team speak. During siege time, we are about 250 people on the same channel. At that time we have to use the silence rule (you may speak only if it is absolutely necessary) so we can understand each other and work together correctly. For community effects, IRC and forums are way better! Voice chat is for more personal acquaintance.
There's a reason you can build rooms in mumble. Though if 100 people were on mumble that would mean you would really be a super serious server. Obviously you would be the top minetest server in the whole world and people would stop playing minecraft and flocking to minetest. That's the dream :D

Example, in Sincraft right now I am in a town called WiiHoke. We are like 4-5 people. I'm the only one in my town who am on mumble. Then we have the Dakmoe clan where most ppl are on mumble cooperating. Also the admin visits from time to time to get live input on testing stuff.

I really would like some mumble on minetest. Minetest is open source. Mumble is open source. Why they not friends?

vv221

by vv221 » Post

I'm not sure to understand your wish: anyone can launch a mumble server at anytime, I've done this for a server for three people (minetest and mumble servers on my PC).
You don't need to have something "official".

If you can't have it on your own PC, I'm pretty sure you can create a room easily on a lot of public servers already online.

incentive

by incentive » Post

Yes, you are right.
Last edited by incentive on Tue Jul 23, 2013 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

incentive

by incentive » Post

Calinou wrote:Hmm, no. I don't speak english (voice), I'd prefer servers themselves having mumble/whatever.
That I was looking forward to! As I know no minetest servers have neither their own mumble servers nor mumble chatrooms on another person's servers.
Last edited by incentive on Fri Jul 26, 2013 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

Hmm. I wouldn't mine making one, if someone could show me to actually use multiple servers as well as register it to allow me to change the name of the mumble server from root.

Teamspeak is generaly what I use if you want me to host that, I have a server just sitting here doing nothing.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

keyxmakerx wrote:Hmm. I wouldn't mine making one, if someone could show me to actually use multiple servers as well as register it to allow me to change the name of the mumble server from root.

Teamspeak is generaly what I use if you want me to host that, I have a server just sitting here doing nothing.
With mumble you can just setup one server and have multiple channels, one channel for each server.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

BrandonReese wrote:
keyxmakerx wrote:Hmm. I wouldn't mine making one, if someone could show me to actually use multiple servers as well as register it to allow me to change the name of the mumble server from root.

With mumble you can just setup one server and have multiple channels, one channel for each server.
Which is true, I have used it before, but as I host multiple teamspeak servers having the rights to via certificates and what not, I think having multiple servers is much more suited for something of different ownership, especially if there's not going to be anyone to moderate the server

If anyone think they would use it, I wouldn't mind creating both a mumble and / or teamspeak server. I have no reason to charge anything for I will not be on the server to moderate or anything. And if said person / people that request to have such a server I would need a administrator.
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Mon Jul 29, 2013 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

incentive

by incentive » Post

I don't mind joining your mumble server if you decide to make one. :D

I managed to open a temporary chatroom "minetest" on mumble.usagaming.net in the section Temp Channels (Create your own). If you don't find me active it may as well be because I'm idling/afk.(I chose the nickname sweminetest)

I'll try to idle there when I can. We can have it as the 'testroom' until somebody sets up something else :)
Last edited by incentive on Tue Jul 30, 2013 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

incentive wrote:

I don't mind joining your mumble server if you decide to make one. :D

I managed to open a temporary chatroom "minetest" on mumble.usagaming.net in the section Temp Channels (Create your own). If you don't find me active it may as well be because I'm idling/afk.(I chose the nickname sweminetest)

I'll try to idle there when I can. We can have it as the 'testroom' until somebody sets up something else :)

Well I'll put it in my calendar to make them friday. I needed to test out a beta version of the new operating sys anyways.

I'm going to go ahead and make a Teamspeak and mumble, since I'm native in Teamspeak anyways. I'll try learning mumble again, if anyone knows alot about mumble and about how to register a server that would be much appreciated.
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Wed Jul 31, 2013 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

incentive

by incentive » Post

keyxmakerx wrote: I'm going to go ahead and make a Teamspeak and mumble, since I'm native in Teamspeak anyways. I'll try learning mumble again, if anyone knows alot about mumble and about how to register a server that would be much appreciated.
Cool. For the moment anybody can visit the temporary channel I made.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

I have come across a few issues reguarding the mumble server, as I pressumed would happen, but I have the teamspeak server up and running and if anyone want I'll give them normal and/or server admin. Since I am not going to be on most of the time.

minetestserver.us.to:9987
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Fri Aug 02, 2013 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

incentive

by incentive » Post

Your teamspeak server works keyxmakerx.
I have come across a few issues reguarding the mumble server
Don't hesitate to mention any issues you have here as whatever problems you may have are always ontopic: This is the mumble thread after all :D

Also I can help with searching and finding information to solve your mumble problems, just mention what problems you have :)
Btw: I advertised your Teampseak3 server in this thread: viewtopic.php?pid=105109 called "Servers"
Last edited by incentive on Sun Aug 11, 2013 14:44, edited 1 time in total.