MG_Villages mod fix

AkiraKitsune

In-game: AkiraVixen

MG_Villages mod fix

by AkiraKitsune » Thu Nov 21, 2019 23:59

hey guys, I bet most of you get sick of the fact you can't edit your villages. I found a way to fix this; First, you need to delete Protection.lua, then go to init.lua and get rid of the line of code under a comment like, "protect the village from greifers".

--benefits
you can edit the village as you please

--disadvantages
can become greifable (if thats even a word :/ )

ShallowDweller

Re: MG_Villages mod fix

by ShallowDweller » Sat Nov 23, 2019 22:11

Or we could just remove the dofile protection.lua thing from init.lua so we can easily re-enable it?

ps: YAY! Now I can finaly use that mod in singleplayer! :D I'll test this sometime this week, like a good procrastinator.

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: MG_Villages mod fix

by Sokomine » Sun Nov 24, 2019 17:50

AkiraKitsune wrote:hey guys, I bet most of you get sick of the fact you can't edit your villages.

Why does everyone wants to grief poor villages? :-( Anyway...apart from setting the config variable, you might as well go the normal way - that is: buy a suitable house in the village by clicking on the plotmarker (a barn or so won't be enough) and become an inhabitant of the village. After that, you may edit the public area of the village and your house. Owners of other houses might still object...well, or set the config variable.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Return to General Discussion