Are there lakes on floatlands?

Chrysolite Azalea
GitHub: ChrysoliteAzalea

Are there lakes on floatlands?

by Chrysolite Azalea » Post

Hello everyone!

I was playing on a floatlands (development version) in v7, but couldn't find a single lake. Are there lakes on floatlands?
cdb_JQUaRqvA1Vho

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

Re: Are there lakes on floatlands?

by FreeGamers » Post

If you look at the biomes section in the Minetest Wiki, you can see a couple screenshots with water in them, but I'm not sure if this is limited to ocean biomes or if the lakes can generate randomly as well. I would expect they could and would. Why not fire up a mapgen and test it out? https://wiki.minetest.net/Biomes
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

The "new" floatlands added in 5.3.0-dev do not have any lakes.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Assuming you are using the new floatlands implementation in the latest MT development version ...

There are no lakes by default, but ...
Read the parameter comments for the floatland mapgen parameters to understand how you can reconfigure the floatlands, they are very flexible.
Be very careful to read the warnings in those comments, and always experiment in a test world first. One of the parameters is very dangerous to server performance and worlds if misused.

Main menu -> Settings -> All Settings -> Mapgen -> Mapgen V7

Veblio

by Veblio » Post

I am having the same issue, would like to fix it. I love lakes in real life too much especially for fishing. I spend my childhood at a grandmother's house in Portugal which was next to the lake and I loved it.
Last edited by Veblio on Wed Jun 24, 2020 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I am new here

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Vebilo, it is not an issue or a bug. The new implementation of Mapgen V7 floatlands has no lakes.

But, there is something that can be done by altering the floatland parameters. I will go into detail soon in the original topic for this subject viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23764 So check that topic for updates.

This forum topic 'Are there lakes on floatlands?' is a duplicate topic that should not have been created, as the exact question was already asked in the original topic, and i intend to answer there as soon as i can find time.
Please post in that topic instead of this one, and i ask the moderators to consider locking this topic.