That pleasing sensation when Minetest is alive

Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

That pleasing sensation when Minetest is alive

by Zughy » Post

I just want to point out how in these days Minetest seems to be on rampage: two new core devs who are KILLING issues and PRs fast as lightning, celeron popping up in different occasions to directly share his perspective, other core devs who seem to me more active than usual, more people in general taking part to internal discussions. I don't know if it's always been like this before I joined 7 months ago, if it's because of MTG in maintenance whatsoever, but for the first time since I've been here, the whole community feels alive to me. Minetest feels alive, the FOSS reality of games feels alive, the future of gaming not depending from the umpteenth corporation which doesn't care nor about humanity nor about respecting the players feels alive: and I wanted to applaud all these single efforts.

Congratulations everybody :)

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

Re: That pleasing sensation when Minetest is alive

by freshreplicant » Post

I'm fairly new to Minetest, but excited about its prospects. It has been great seeing that this project is still alive and kicking and open to contributions. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it!

I am not really in a position to contribute yet skill wise, but I will keep my eyes open.

Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Updating this after a few weeks: it didn't last long. PRs are dead, Celeron disappeared again, core devs returned to the old pace (which is worse, considering there are two more of them now). Sad

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Guess that depends on how much time people have in RL. That may vary over time. Don't give up hope! There are still great things added now and then. It's just not possible to be hyperactive all the time I'm afraid.
A list of my mods can be found here.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

I can't really say I've been killing issues at any point. I've been spending most of my time refactoring behind the scenes with little to show for it on the front side, causing my PRs to be at a standstill. And, unfortunately, I've had to partially restart, setting me back quite a bit.

If anyone wants me to review a particular PR (preferably formspecs) or rebase/fix up one of my own PRs, shoot me a private message or something. I'll do it, but it's just not high on the priority list due to the importance of refactoring and the progression of the GUI.
GUI Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass | To contact me, send a PM