hacked PunTrue client

mr_chicken

hacked PunTrue client

by mr_chicken » Post

About 15 minutes ago voidc from netherlands (Holland) entered my server as a player that broke world rules, walking through my security with privs it claimed to be:
killaura, speedhack, autoclicker, automine, nodebreaker, nofall, autobuild, nosink, xray, fastplace
, bhop, higheye, nightvision, autobridge, fly, fast, noclip

It called it's client PunTrue.

What is that?
A reason for me to obey Mr Smith or to go after the Constructor?
I noticed using an android client on my own server as ordinary player made me able to break security.
How do i re-institute security to my little world before i need to ban the entire world (real world)

bosapara

Re: hacked PunTrue client

by bosapara » Post

Try to turn on default anticheat and add anticheat mod, i prefer rnd's version.

Part of your message looks like an advertisement of hacked client, i hope i'm wrong.

mr_chicken

by mr_chicken » Post

bosapara wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:37
Try to turn on default anticheat and add anticheat mod, i prefer rnd's version.
Part of your message looks like an advertisement of hacked client, i hope i'm wrong.
**** Part of your message looks like an advertisement of hacked client, i hope i'm wrong. ***
Lets call the person using this client as an advertisement to me "it" since i don't know its biological gender :)

I could have shot it but i chose to get as much information about this "client" as possible before i banned it.

By comparison with real life:
If someone would enter my home without permission just because it thinks its okay because the door was unlocked or "pick-able" i would probably break every bone in "its" body.

How's that for advertisement?

mr_chicken

by mr_chicken » Post

thank you for the tip, question though:

# If enabled, disable cheat prevention in multiplayer.
disable_anticheat (Disable anticheat) bool false

Say whaat?
if i enable then i disable and its false....

Sounds charming, how do i enable anticheat?

best wishes.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Name of hacked client in the title and descriptions of the thread still looks like an ad :)

Recommend to delete it, otherwise you bring much more cheaters to minetest servers.

About anticheat, it depends on version. Default anticheat must be on without config.

The32bitguy
GitHub: The32bitguy
In-game: TaxCollector

by The32bitguy » Post

mr_chicken wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 14:23
If someone would enter my home without permission just because it thinks its okay because the door was unlocked or "pick-able"
"pick-able" is a very loose term. Most tumbler locks like the ones in cheap/old external doors can be picked within 20 seconds and about a minute or three with improvised tools
mr_chicken wrote:
i would probably break every bone in "its" body.
Stand-your-Ground laws are different between states. In all cases inflicting serious bodily harm like that without any legal justification, such as attempted murder by the intruder will land you in hot water.

goats

by goats » Post

mr_chicken wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 14:53

# If enabled, disable cheat prevention in multiplayer.
disable_anticheat (Disable anticheat) bool false
If that line is enabled (boolean true), then disable_anticheat is active... disabling anticheat. It is a way to turn off anticheat. Setting that line to false does not disable the anticheat, that is, anticheat is active.

If enabled, disable cheat prevention in multiplayer. - If you enable this with boolean true, the setting disables anticheat in multiplayer.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

The32bitguy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 21:14
mr_chicken wrote:
If someone would enter my home without permission just because it thinks its okay because the door was unlocked or "pick-able"
"pick-able" is a very loose term. Most tumbler locks like the ones in cheap/old external doors can be picked within 20 seconds and about a minute or three with improvised tools
mr_chicken wrote:
i would probably break every bone in "its" body.
Stand-your-Ground laws are different between states. In all cases inflicting serious bodily harm like that without any legal justification, such as attempted murder by the intruder will land you in hot water.
In a real world scenario Mr chickens house and contents would be open source and free. minetest is public property .so its everybodies lock to pick.
also trespass is often a civil matter and not a criminal offence . the only power the property owner has is to ask the person to leave .
it only becomes a criminal concern if there are threats of violence or damage to property. Actually its Mr chicken who is really the lawless one as he threatened to go hands on. some hackers do this for content and stream the owners reactions so its best not to overeact and encourage them .
awaiting minetest hardcore mode .

goats

by goats » Post

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 08:27
minetest is public property .so its everybodies lock to pick.
Minetest is, yes - you can take the source code and do as you will within the license. People's servers or running instances of a game, however, are not remotely "public property". They are not everybody's lock to pick at a whim, legally.

Not sure why we are arguing the finer points of defense of property laws in various and unknown jurisdictions.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

goats wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 03:25
Tue Oct 06, 2020 08:27
minetest is public property .so its everybodies lock to pick.
People's servers or running instances of a game, however, are not remotely "public property". They are not everybody's lock to pick at a whim, legally.
incorrect you have given the public the right of access to open source content .
Just saying legally does not make it so .
please state the law that refers to open source content and in game locks . ? . if you going to state "legally" then back your self up with legislation .

eyekay
GitHub: Azl-Eyekay
In-game: eyekay49

by eyekay » Post

Wed Oct 07, 2020 08:21
Mr chickens house and contents would be open source and free. minetest is public property .so its everybodies lock to pick.
By that logic anyone who uses linux will have to give login detaills and their data to anyone who asks
<a href=about:blank> My projects</a>

cuthbertdoublebarrel

eyekay wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:09
Wed Oct 07, 2020 08:21
Mr chickens house and contents would be open source and free. minetest is public property .so its everybodies lock to pick.
By that logic anyone who uses linux will have to give login detaills and their data to anyone who asks
Now you have decended into sillyness, of giving your private information away freely. what you are attempting to refer to is the data protection act . If someone intentionally hacked your linux for financial gain, for example your bank details , if you had evidence that info has been used with intent to commit a crime, by that person or passed on to a third party to use then at that point it becomes a criminal act.
you can state no law because you have no evidence of any actual crime was commited by picking a lock in a game which has public access . so "legally" you have diddly squat hence why you skirted the question and attempted to apply false logic .

eyekay
GitHub: Azl-Eyekay
In-game: eyekay49

by eyekay » Post

I suggest locking this topic as it is too offtopic now, the original question has been answered

@cuthbert laws change from region to region
<a href=about:blank> My projects</a>

cuthbertdoublebarrel

eyekay wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 13:28
I suggest locking this topic as it is too offtopic now, the original question has been answered
@cuthbert laws change from region to region
lets end with the point that there is no legalization regarding picking in game locks , but there certianly is regarding online threats of bodily harm in most regions. some hackers are streaming these exploits to create content. if you overeact and start making threats things could very easily escalate out of control .