MineTest THE Game legacy content  

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

MineTest THE Game legacy content  

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

As a newbie to the minetest world and who has never played  MCcobbledycraft .
I really am a huge fan of the MTG series of games, i have been totally immersed and have had great fun tinkering with the game engine and also the ingenious mods that enrich the gaming experience .

The core developers have now abandoned MTG and given it up as a lost cause .
probably for the best as their focus is on niche games and concepts ,the type that developers salivate over that often have no great appeal to mainstream gamers,that's fine and dandy just add a legacy content tab so we can filter it out .

I think negativity toward MTG  is just a knee jerk reaction by the staginated few .the victor meldrews if you will . repeating thmselves in parrot fashion with no real substance.

So despite this old outdated engine and dodgy code being no longer fit for purpose . Perhaps not enough eye candy effects to make it comply with the industry standard look, or it does not behave exactly as MCobbledycraft and its familiar blend of pinched genera.MTG still remains very fun and absorbing .
Now i know i am not the only one as there are old timers and newcomers alike that have commented on the enjoyment of playing MTG and its derivatives.

So in its present working state do you think the gameplay is a right off or can a fully fledged game be salvaged from the content to encapsulate the feature rich creative history  of mind test the game and the modding community.
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: MineTest THE Game legacy content  

by twoelk » Post

mtg is not gone, nor is it's ecosystem of derivates
mtg never was a fully fledged game so such cannot be salvaged from it.
mtg existing content is still improved, just adding new features is put on hold.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

twoelk wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53
mtg is not gone, nor is it's ecosystem of derivates
mtg never was a fully fledged game so such cannot be salvaged from it.
mtg existing content is still improved, just adding new features is put on hold.
Not gone no ,but it has been sidelined by the powers that be .
i understand that Mtg is just the barebones of gameplay .
There is a great deal of existing content that you never see featured in mtg games .personally i see that individual content as" mine test the game" and you are right that is not a fully fledged game at all . but there is some very solid gameplay . more action packed and fast paced than existing games plus loads of little details to keep things intresting . the indvidual fan content in itself could well be the makings of a fully fledged community fan game .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

twoelk wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53
... nor is it's ecosystem of derivates
:-)
some may be found here
and many populate the forums ...
do consider that many may be somewhat outdated though

goats

by goats » Post

It isn't sidelined, it's feature-frozen and forever compatible with mods designed for it. Honestly, what more could one ask for?