Chest with all resources in survival mode

freefall

Chest with all resources in survival mode

by freefall » Post

Hi,

I'm looking for some specific mod which might already exist...

Our idea: We want to use Minetest for a process simulation game in our onboarding process. For this, I would rather prefer to have the students being in survival mode rather than in creative mode. At the same time, I would provide them with access to all available resources. If I put them into creative mode, they wouldn't need to communicate with each others about "mining". They would start to experiment on their own. I'd rather prefer them to have one single source, like a shop (for free), for obtaining all available resources.

Is there a mod around which would allow for this?

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: Chest with all resources in survival mode

by cx384 » Post

Hello,

You can use the smart shop mod. This is probably not the best way to to it but it's simple and may be sufficient.
viewtopic.php?t=14304
https://content.minetest.net/packages/A ... smartshop/

Further explanation:

1. Install the smartshop mod.

2. Start the game and make sure you have the the give or creative privilege
(you can use "/grantme give")

3. Place a Smartshop and open it with right click
(you can use "/giveme smartshop:shop 10" to get 10 of them"

4. Press the "Toogle limit" button which you should see if you have the required privilege.
(spelling error)

5. Now put the items you want to sell for free into the "Item:" row and put one stack of each into the storage of the shop (the lower inventory). Keep the "Price:" row empty.
(The items will not get removed when someone buys something but the shop still checks if they are available)

Now everyone should be able to get infinite items from your shop. You can test this by pressing the "Customer" button.

(6. Use "/revokeme give" if you don't want to have the give privilege anymore)
Can your read this?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: Chest with all resources in survival mode

by Sokomine » Post

It was also possible in the past to grant a player the creative priv while in survival mode. That way, it was possible to draw unlimited amount of ressources from unified_inventory but otherwise play survival. Sadly that creative priv got used for other factors and it now has undesired side effects (unless that was changed in the meantime). Perhaps renaming the priv inside unified_inventory could help. After all it's a great mode for players who need enough material for large structures on an otherwise survival server.
A list of my mods can be found here.