Why are there so few funny Minetest videos?

Jastiv

Why are there so few funny Minetest videos?

by Jastiv » Post

I know lots of games have tutorials and play throughs, but for a sandbox game like minetest I feel like we need some humor, some jokes. I don't actually see that many on youtube, and I'm like seriously wondering why we don't have a channel dedicated to lavaing and tnting everything in mineclone 2, or trying to fall through the world or something. I noticed that a lot of the content about video games that gets watched isn't because the game is any good, or even fun, but because fo the silly comments and humor promoted by the youtuber. It has nothing to do with is this actually even good. It doesn't have to be good, it just has to get attention. Attention is good even if it shows everything that is bad.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: Why are there so few funny Minetest videos?

by philipbenr » Post

Minetest attracts DIY'ers and programmers, which generally are not the type to have a good enough artistic touch to make well produced humorous videos. There's may be a couple of people, but there's not a lot.

Its also very hard to get off the ground as a YouTuber, so it the content of Minetest would have to split time with other content most likely since there's no interest in Minetest on its own. Or the person would probably need some other compensation.

On the magic offchance you get a talented, artistic person who has experience with video editing and is devoted enough to Minetest to make videos for fun, you might get something. But I think a lot of stars have to align, and I have my doubts.

I personally fit the first category, but I am not interested enough to make a full Minetest YouTube channel, though I might do a showcase with some other cool open source projects.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

C'mon, I tried my best demonstrating this bug in a funny manner.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

hex
IRC: hecks
In-game: hex hhhehehe

by hex » Post

You don't just go out and make a funny video, you make one because something funny happened.
Few funny things happen in minetest and some people around here are really uptight. Small wonder there's nothing fun happening.
Last edited by hex on Wed Jan 06, 2021 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Here are some:
(1)
(2) - WARNING: MILD SEXUAL LANGUAGE

If you want funny videos perhaps someone should make Realistic Minetest...
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

by Zughy » Post

MHL wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 23:24
Here are some:
(1)
Love this guy, whoever he is