ByeBye

u18398

ByeBye

by u18398 » Post

I do not support Cancel Culture !
Last edited by u18398 on Wed Jul 20, 2022 06:13, edited 1 time in total.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: ByeBye

by philipbenr » Post

42 Coding School seems like both a good and horrible idea at the same time. Good luck with making the most of it and the future of your career.

runs

by runs » Post

Good luck it sounds promissing for you :-)

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

promissing and exciting indeed - so don't forget to enjoy all the new fish

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

Best of luck with this new venture Gundul!

Thanks for all the great mods. I do hope that even if you don't have time for Minetest anymore somehow your work on mods like Waterlife and Aerotest can be preserved.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

philipbenr wrote: 42 Coding School seems like both a good and horrible idea at the same time. Good luck with making the most of it and the future of your career.
Thanks. 42 has pros and cons. It will probably not suit to everyone. I tried traditional university 25 yrs ago and that was what did not suit to me. They do much more practice at 42 and that is what convinced me, to even quit my job for it :D
runs wrote: Good luck it sounds promissing for you :-)
Thank you :)
twoelk wrote: promissing and exciting indeed - so don't forget to enjoy all the new fish
Thanks. I got my towel ready, and "DON'T PANIC !"
freshreplicant wrote: Best of luck with this new venture Gundul!
Thanks for all the great mods. I do hope that even if you don't have time for Minetest anymore somehow your work on mods like Waterlife and Aerotest can be preserved.
Thank you. Time will be scarce I guess. Piscine was like a 60hrs week even if you did not take it too seriously. They say it will be less in curriculum but I will see. It always depends on yourself and on how much percent you want to give. I am usually not satisfied with anything below 100. XD
For now I cannot say what will become of my mods. We will see when I started in mai with my studies.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

That sounds interesting. School 42 is certainly not the kind of systems I'd feel good in, or even support, but I trust your choice and I respect it. It's brave to do such sharp change at mid-career.
I still hope you won't have to leave us completely, but sometimes you don't have the choice.

Thank you very much for what you've done for Minetest, for the animal life you brought into the game, and... the human life in this community, as being an active member :)
And once again I'd like to say you that I particularly enjoyed your contribution to my mapgen project.

I wish you good luck :)
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

GayJesus wrote: Good luck and thanks for the work you put into MT.
Thank you.
Gael de Sailly wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 21:00
That sounds interesting. School 42 is certainly not the kind of systems I'd feel good in, or even support, but I trust your choice and I respect it. It's brave to do such sharp change at mid-career.
I still hope you won't have to leave us completely, but sometimes you don't have the choice.

Thank you very much for what you've done for Minetest, for the animal life you brought into the game, and... the human life in this community, as being an active member :)
And once again I'd like to say you that I particularly enjoyed your contribution to my mapgen project.

I wish you good luck :)
Thanks. From what I experienced so far in 'Piscine' 42 School is total freedom. You can do what you want, whenever you want to. No one forces you to do anything at all. But you must live with the consequences :)
There are tasks you have to do in teams, so you are not alone and have to deal with your team members which needs good communication and organisation to get a working final result. I never did something like this before and it was really fun, even doing it remotely though because of Covid.
But there are no teachers and no one tells you what you have to do, this is, what I guess, the 'Piscine' good for. To see if you can live with it and learn or not.
I do not care much about careers and money as long as I earn enough to pay the little needs of my wife and me :)
If I should fail, I could return to my old job but failing is no option, so I will do anything that this is not going to happen.
Leaving Minetest completely or not, it is too early to say. I will leave my servers running and try to keep my mods up to date.

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

by Clyde » Post

Hello Gundul,

thanks a lot for the nice Hours in Jungle, for me, it was one of the best servers i've seen.
I learned so much in Jungle about MT and this with so much fun, it was great.

Hoping you will not leave MT forever, because you was one of the best admin.
Greetings, Clyde.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Clyde wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 00:01
thanks a lot for the nice Hours in Jungle, for me, it was one of the best servers i've seen.
I learned so much in Jungle about MT and this with so much fun, it was great.
Thanks Clyde, we had a lot of fun in Jungle, that's true :)

Pixalou
In-game: Pixalou

by Pixalou » Post

It's sad because it's a page that's being turned, but it's courageous of you to go back to school.
I hope that this new adventure will be very beneficial to you.
Good Luck :)

Pixalou :)

PS : thx a lot for times and good moments :)

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

Thanks for your dedication to this FOSS game and to its community!
Jump in the caac