official servers

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

official servers

by DOOM_possum » Post

what's with all these servers? are there official Game Servers?

i keep seeing all these guys using private MODS, and posting Things, that look unique and You can only play in the server, some of them even look like Games, in the making, that might One Day, be able to played SOLO

but i can't tell, for sure if there were some official minetest fields, that'd be cool as heck, wouldn't feel so left out, when they (Ultimately) get taken offline, or shutdown, or some guy doesn't backup or whatever

my favorite is an RPG server with custom enemies, hopefully it's not taken offline, if i had my own server and was the moderator, i'd be the best official moderator in The Land

some of the texture packs even look unique, i think i saw a guy with unique push cart wagons

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: official servers

by Festus1965 » Post

I call Official, what is not changes minetest code as Official ...
Or my bui8ld game BrainCraft, ... us using the original there = Official ???

I just copied that doing from the MineCraft ... MultiCraft admins for fun ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

i guess any server using Minetest and not Multicraft or another fork/clone could be called "official".
as far as i know there is no official server hosted by the developers.

some servers use unique textures and/or mods to make them stand out.
for example, on Xanadu we have some different skins on mobs and a bunch of decorative building blocks that are not available for download.
i understand that it is frustrating when you see something that you cannot get, but i guess for server hosters this is like a personal player skin that you made for yourself and don't want anyone else to use it.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

OK. I see, A solemn truth, a decent theory for multi-player Fun, i just want to be protected from ALL angles, when seeking value for My Main Base, Of Operation

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

firefox wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 13:24
i guess any server using Minetest and not Multicraft or another fork/clone could be called "official".
as far as i know there is no official server hosted by the developers.
somethink like:
"only the stable versions (see Github tags) that were compiled according to the description of README.TXT are official"
or
"only binarys shiped with your distribution or downloaded by minetest.net/downloads are official"