Why should anyone become involved in minetest?

runs

Re: Why should anyone become involved in minetest?

by runs » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 16:20
runs wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 16:12
Discord is NOT official. The unique official channel is the forums.

I would like more official social tools.
Discord is official now https://www.minetest.net/get-involved/
It was made official earlier this year after it reached 1000 users organically
Ah, great. And I see my (unfair) ban has been removed as well.

I'll be back.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 16:50
… and another proprietary service is now an essential part of the development of this free and open source software.
Unfortunately, most users don't care and the Discord server exists with or without our support. At least we're able to bridge with and engage the users if it's official, rather than ignoring them completely

Also, note that official engine dev is still only on IRC
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

runs

by runs » Post

I mean my ban should be revoked because it was PRIOR to being an OFFICIAL channel. So past questions should be bleached.

I suppose so.

runs

by runs » Post

Well, I find it fatal, I have been banned again, which should not be, because if the Discord channel becomes official, past mistakes should be forgiven, as it was previously governed by other admins and other private rules. It seems to me super unfair and almost illegal.

It is as if the channel has been created from scratch.

I think my readmission should be reconsidered.

runs

by runs » Post

I am waiting for an official response...

DELTA_FORCE
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:22
Well, I find it fatal, I have been banned again, which should not be, because if the Discord channel becomes official, past mistakes should be forgiven, as it was previously governed by other admins and other private rules. It seems to me super unfair and almost illegal.

Firstly, please tell me who the "other" admins are. As much as I can recollect, I do not know of any that had not already resigned or been demoted before it being official. The rules have also not changed at all, as far as I can recollect. I am not sure that you grasp the concept of bans but after seeing your behavior after the bans and IRC, I think it would be safe to say that the staff likely aren't willing to consider an unban anytime soon. I would also like to know why you think it's "almost illegal."
check me out nowhere because i never do anything

Conradish006
GitHub: Conradish006
IRC: Conradish006
In-game: Conradish006

by Conradish006 » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:25
I am waiting for an official response...
How is that illegal? The admins of MTD don't want you and your shit in their Discord server. They rightfully run/own it, and can ban anyone at their discretion.

Stop being a whiney ass and accept the fact that you aren't, nor will ever be allowed back.
cdb_ryxwFEXgcD4q

runs

by runs » Post

DELTA_FORCE wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:26
runs wrote:

Firstly, please tell me who the "other" admins are. As much as I can recollect, I do not know of any that had not already resigned or been demoted before it being official. The rules have also not changed at all, as far as I can recollect. I am not sure that you grasp the concept of bans but after seeing your behavior after the bans and IRC, I think it would be safe to say that the staff likely aren't willing to consider an unban anytime soon. I would also like to know why you think it's "almost illegal."
You all know that I am right:

- It used to be a private Discord channel, created by private people. I made mistakes that I regretted and I have apologized many times.
- Suddenly the private channel becomes official, and it is not a new official Minetest channel as it should be. But well it was decided this way. So I consider it fair to be readmitted. Because:

1) A new official Minetest Discord channel should not look at past mistakes before it becomes official.
2) You should always give second chances to people and not be so drastic.

Therefore I ask:

- That my case be studied and that a vote be taken or a reasoned opinion be taken. I do not think it is fair that I have been violently expelled today without first having been listened and ALL members have taken a collegial decision. I was expelled by a single person because he felt like it.

I'm still waiting for the final reasoned decision... I will accept the final decision, whatever. But I will not accept violent speeches.

runs

by runs » Post

And sorry to digress from the topic of the thread.

I am waiting for the final decision by private message.
Last edited by runs on Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

DELTA_FORCE
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:38
DELTA_FORCE wrote:
runs wrote:

- It used to be a private Discord channel, created by private people. I made mistakes that I regretted and I have apologized many times.
- Suddenly the private channel becomes official, and it is not a new official Minetest channel as it should be. But well it was decided this way. So I consider it fair to be readmitted. Because:

1) A new official Minetest Discord channel should not look at past mistakes before it becomes official.

Therefore I ask:

- That my case be studied and that a vote be taken or a reasoned opinion be taken. I do not think it is fair that I have been violently expelled today without first having been listened and ALL members have taken a collegial decision. I was expelled by a single person because he felt like it.

I'm still waiting for the final reasoned decision... I will accept the final decision, whatever. But I will not accept violent speeches.
Because the title has changed does not mean the server has changed. We also doubt you have changed.

All in favor of letting runs back onto the Discord, leave a good review on any of his mods
check me out nowhere because i never do anything

runs

by runs » Post

DELTA_FORCE wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:42
runs wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:38
DELTA_FORCE wrote:

Therefore I ask:

Because the title has changed does not mean the server has changed. We also doubt you have changed.

All in favor of letting runs back onto the Discord, leave a good review on any of his mods
I am waiting for the final decision only by private message.

runs

by runs » Post

Private message received. Thank you for replying.

I will go about my business as usual. Making good mods and helping the Community.

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

.... banned from discord and matrix. warned on contentdb. ......... whats next?

also, seems this is just drama that is hijacking the point of this thread, which is ironic given its title
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

runs

by runs » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 17:52
.... banned from discord and matrix. warned on contentdb. ......... whats next?

also, seems this is just drama that is hijacking the point of this thread, which is ironic given its title
In matrix I was readmited.

That's what it takes to be different. Have a nice day, really.

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

entire of page 3 offtopic lol

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

ywwv wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 03:34
im workimg o n a game. it will revitalist the minetest scene, . I call it "ywwvtest" and . it will bring in 100000 new players . and is being developedi n complete secrecy. I will post a screenshot soon .
Exciting!

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

LordPhyre: Don't expect anything to come of it, that guy's crazy.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

ywwv's just a grifter
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

one of the main and (only) reasons to be involved is The eternal playback value