mesecon machine: configureable password system

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

mesecon machine: configureable password system

by pampogokiraly » Post

Hello! (warning! this topic is going to be somewhat unprofessional but I don't feel like fixing it right now, so either don't read it, or be prepared)
I love making machines with mesecon.
If you are somewhat experienced with the mod, then you probably know how easy it is to make a simple switch password system.
If you don't, then let me just show you how small they actually are:
But, they all have a serious issue. Once you build them, you can't change them without breaking and placing blocks.

So let me present you the configureable password system!
This machine has an extra switch on it. If you put in the correct combination, and turn the extra switch on, you can change the password!
I don't really feel like explaining how all of this works so here are two very unprofessional videos showcasing some of it:
The machine in action
Behind the scenes

If anyone really cares, then I can explain fully how the machine works. Don't worry... it doesn't use a single lua controller (I find those kinda cheety), so it isn't as confusing as it might look like.

Also I don't think it is possible to improve the machine any more, because this is already my third revision on it. Though you never know... maybe I can come up with an even more compact version somewhen...

Well that's all I wanted to say. Have a nice day :P
Attachments
justlookhowsmallthisthingis.png
justlookhowsmallthisthingis.png (202.29 KiB) Viewed 394 times
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest