How to be listed on the MultiCraft server list?

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

How to be listed on the MultiCraft server list?

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm curious how a Minetest server gets listed on the in-app MultiCraft server list. I know that MultiCraft servers with players are listed by default, but I see a few non-forked Minetest servers are also listed at the very end: UGX Realms, Potatoland USA, and c22.

What's interesting is these Minetest servers are not shown at https://servers.multicraft.world/, even though I can't imagine why there would be a difference between the two.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: How to be listed on the MultiCraft server list?

by MisterE » Post

I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but couldn't you just enter the multicraft serverlist as the serverlist to broadcast to?

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Dislaimer, guessing a lot here. I don't know much about multicraft, but if its mostly just Minetest under the hood then you can probably just figure out what IP/hostname servers get broadcasted to then set that as your announce server in the minetest.conf. If Multicraft checks version strings you could always just try to fudge that too with a custom client or just name your game as multicraft?

https://github.com/MultiCraft

It uses servers.minetest.net for PC then overrides the server url for Android, MacOS, and iOS to announce.multicraft.world

https://github.com/MultiCraft/MultiCraf ... raft.world

Not sure what you are trying to do, but good luck.
🌎 Website | 🌲 MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 17:42
I'm curious how a Minetest server gets listed on the in-app MultiCraft server list. I know that MultiCraft servers with players are listed by default, but I see a few non-forked Minetest servers are also listed at the very end: UGX Realms, Potatoland USA, and c22.

What's interesting is these Minetest servers are not shown at https://servers.multicraft.world/, even though I can't imagine why there would be a difference between the two.
i catch you, je je, long time ago you can listed your build, but recently there are two commits that coded in base64 the server anunce, since that they send to both minetroltest and also muticraftworld, but in the case of multicraft world there are a minimal filter in the side of the host of the list.. the client send the software identification..

i really dont like the way of this.. i mean: it can be listed in any list but dont let other to be listed..

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

What is this "Minetroltest" project you're speaking of? It sounds awfully similar to a depreciating name given to Minetest by the maintainer of a certain hostile fork.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

ROllerozxa
GitHub: ROllerozxa
IRC: ROllerozxa
In-game: ROllerozxa

by ROllerozxa » Post

Whether a Minetest server gets listed on the MultiCraft server list seems to be purely based on luck. My Voxelmanip Classic server seems to have gone on and off the list of servers that are available through MultiCraft, I don't know if it's something they do manually or if there's some kind of criteria for Minetest servers to be available through there.