minetest on linux smartphones

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

minetest on linux smartphones

by MisterE » Post

so linux smartphones are starting to come out. such as the pinephone. I assume that minetest could be combiled for them, but the question is, could touchscreen controls work for them? I think not, yet, but maybe it would be good to somehow inolude touchscreen controls as a setting available to any platform, not just android. also, there are touchscreen windows devices.

it would also be good to be able to disable touchscreen controls on android, and use mouse and keyboard (attached with bluetooth). that is also not currently possible

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: minetest on linux smartphones

by rubenwardy » Post

<pedantic> well, technically Android is a Linux smartphone </pedantic>
MisterE wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 21:20
so linux smartphones are starting to come out. such as the pinephone. I assume that minetest could be combiled for them, but the question is, could touchscreen controls work for them? I think not, yet, but maybe it would be good to somehow inolude touchscreen controls as a setting available to any platform, not just android. also, there are touchscreen windows devices.
It's possible to build Minetest 5.5-dev with support for touchscreens, use: cmake . -DENABLE_TOUCH

Ideally, Minetest would be able to detect touchscreens and enter touchscreen mode itself on desktop, and do vise-versa when a mouse and keyboard are detected on Android
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

as a start to that, would it be easy to have minetest compile with touchscreen support automatically, and have touchscreen mode enableable in the settings?

snowman2504
In-game: snowman2504

by snowman2504 » Post

Ideally, Minetest would be able to detect touchscreens and enter touchscreen mode itself on desktop, and do vise-versa when a mouse and keyboard are detected on Android
Is there no way to enable mouse support on android at the current time?