Engine key events

gabri.viane
GitHub: gabri-viane

Engine key events

by gabri.viane » Post

I'm new to Minetest env, so I'm sorry if this question has been already asked or if it's not the right place to ask for info.
I did some searches to find out why the game engine doesn't allow mods to bind Lua functions to key events of other keys other than the default ones (W, A, S, D, Aux1, ...).
I'm not asking to add it, I'm simply curious why it's like this.

Thank you! (Sorry for my English)

apercy
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy

Re: Engine key events

by apercy » Post

gabri.viane wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 19:32
I'm new to Minetest env, so I'm sorry if this question has been already asked or if it's not the right place to ask for info.
I did some searches to find out why the game engine doesn't allow mods to bind Lua functions to key events of other keys other than the default ones (W, A, S, D, Aux1, ...).
I'm not asking to add it, I'm simply curious why it's like this.

Thank you! (Sorry for my English)
I need some more keys too, but there are no extra keys yet. I'm using formspecs to make some extra functions on my vehicles mods. So I activate it by right click and then I can mark a checkbox or click a button, depends on what I need. Try my PA28 mod, you will understand what I mean.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

In short: No great effort expended by one individual to make a decent proposal, nor any consensus on implementation especially given we want feature parity between desktop and mobile. In length: There are several GitHub threads discussing it, I think they start here and most related issues are linked to that one.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

gabri.viane
GitHub: gabri-viane

by gabri.viane » Post

Oh, that's too bad.

Thank you for the answers!!