Looking for a server!

SirChristianVII

Looking for a server!

by SirChristianVII » Post

It's awesome playing Minetest, but, playing from an iPhone, I can't host my own server if I want games & mods. So, that's why I'm looking for an awesome server to join, preferably with an economy of some sort, an active user base, and maybe some cars or planes? I hope I'm not being too specific, and thanks in advance for any great server suggestions!

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

Re: Looking for a server!

by c56 » Post

SirChristianVII wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 01:48
It's awesome playing Minetest, but, playing from an iPhone, I can't host my own server if I want games & mods. So, that's why I'm looking for an awesome server to join, preferably with an economy of some sort, an active user base, and maybe some cars or planes? I hope I'm not being too specific, and thanks in advance for any great server suggestions!
STOP IT GET AN ANROID PHONE AND USE THE OFFICIAL MINETEST CLIENT AND NOT SOME MINETEST BASED MINECRAFT RIPP-OFF WITH ADS

with that out of the way what kind of server are you looking for ?

technical servers include
  1. techage survival -- my "home server "
  • Zeitsprung - a relatively new server with a driving furr... Uh i meanto say werewolf community that i am also part of since monsters dont attack cool werewolves :D
building servers include
  1. catlandia
  • tunnelers abyss
pvp servers include
  1. capture the flag
  • dog of war
i recommend to buy 2 - 4 cheap ARM64 based single-board computers like raspberry pi 4s 1 for using as computer (install linux distro of choice on it and minetest and its powerfull enough to run dynamic shadows at 20 fps in not to busy areas ( after configuring shadow to be at low and configuring other things , just set shadow update frames to like 30000 in .minetest/minetest.conf and set undersapling to 2 ) and linux is better than macos / windows in many ways one of them is that linux distros do not sell free and opensource software in theyr app repos (looking at you windows ) instead they provide them for free (donating to opensource projects is recommended if you can ofcourse ) and also you can rice your desktop to look like the matrix movie :P )
the other 1-3 for using as server (many people can help you with that nott including me , (just install minetest using APT and make a cron job to a .sh file that launches minetest with the --server option also specify --port and --worldname or something , and be sure to port forward ) i also host a bad server (laggy & not persistent ) called skytest to infinity and beyond ( at a age lower than 25 so yeah maybe do something with your live )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

SirChristianVII

Zeitsprung sounds cool! I don't suppose you have the address/IP and port #? (Most likely 30000 I suppose?) Thx!

(Also, I have no ads when accessing Minetest through Multicraft.)

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

you can always check servers.minetest.net.

also, self promo here, centeria survival might be a nice server

SirChristianVII

I've been checking the servers list, but I just can't find any that have a good economy system, and are active and still work (It seems most of them no longer have trains?)

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

I think the MCL said already good servers with economy for you.

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

SirChristianVII wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 01:48
Try Mesecraft survival. My server for mesecraft. It has economy, helicopters, and active players.
🌎 Website | 🌲 MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB