alternative minetest forum

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

alternative minetest forum

by c56 » Post

is there any other minetest forum like website i can browse for mods ?
(psst we dont talk about minetest.org here )
bonus points if it allows discussions about some more advanced use cases
like implementing the minetest protocol in alternative languages
like python for uh educational purposes and uh specifically making a console client which may fall under category 2.2 of the st... usefull and definately not restrictive forum rules ( https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17151) as it could be abused to make a bot by making bash scripts possibly ? , so i dont have to use bloated x11 or bloated wayland on my 120 mb arch install more technical stuff
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: alternative minetest forum

by TenPlus1 » Post

sell_her_on_55
In-game: sell_hering55

by sell_her_on_55 » Post

hmm you could also look on github
as for a client that does not need x11
you could use https://github.com/minetest-go/minetest_client

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

There's the Cube Software BB, operated by the the Cube Software Testing Team, they were so nice, as to let me have a category for Minetest on their message board. Feel free to post it there.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Pathetic.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

ROllerozxa
GitHub: ROllerozxa
IRC: ROllerozxa
In-game: ROllerozxa

by ROllerozxa » Post

MCL wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 18:13
There's the Cube Software BB, operated by the the Cube Software Testing Team, they were so nice, as to let me have a category for Minetest on their message board. Feel free to post it there.
Zero posts, literally? That thing is deader than the Voxelmanip Forums' Minetest forum.

blowgundude
In-game: blowgundude

by blowgundude » Post

ROllerozxa wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 07:14
MCL wrote:
Zero posts, literally? That thing is deader than the Voxelmanip Forums' Minetest forum.
The site seems to be from relatively recent times, so it may not be entirely appropriate to call it "dead" if it hasn't been given much time to take off to begin with.
Yo what's up gamers it's your boy forty_sham coming at you with another sick Minetest Let's Play.

monkeypox

by monkeypox » Post

c56 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 05:54
is there any other minetest forum like website i can browse for mods ?
(psst we dont talk about minetest.org here )
bonus points if it allows discussions about some more advanced use cases
like implementing the minetest protocol in alternative languages
like python for uh educational purposes and uh specifically making a console client which may fall under category 2.2 of the st... usefull and definately not restrictive forum rules ( https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17151) as it could be abused to make a bot by making bash scripts possibly ? , so i dont have to use bloated x11 or bloated wayland on my 120 mb arch install more technical stuff

https://krock-works.uk.to/minetest/modSearch.php

links to this forum but does browse for mods

blowgundude

by blowgundude » Post

MCL wrote:
I checked in on this site recently and apparently it's gone for some reason? What happened?
Yo what's up gamers it's your boy forty_sham coming at you with another sick Minetest Let's Play.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

blowgundude wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 02:30
I checked in on this site recently and apparently it's gone for some reason? What happened?
"Account suspended".. hmmm. Sounds like someone either didn't pay their hosting fees or something against the host's ToS got uploaded and not removed quickly.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

blowgundude wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 02:30
MCL wrote:
The board is currently hosted on a VPS rented out from NameCheap and the person in charge of it (not me, I'm just a moderator there) forgot to renew the hosting plan for 2023-2024.

The owners of the board are currently in the process of moving all of their sites/services to a different host, so renewing the NameCheap hosting plan was not a priority for them.

It has recently been renewed for one month and after that one of the following will happen:
1. I will take over and relocate the board to a different server. If that happens, it is likely the board will be renamed back to MCL Boards, as it was called prior to 2022.
2. It is possible (but not confirmed) that MrKubax10 (whom you might know from other MineTest mods, as well as the SuperTux project) will become the new owner of the board and host it on one of his physical servers.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

blowgundude

by blowgundude » Post

MCL wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 22:41
The board is currently hosted on a VPS rented out from NameCheap and the person in charge of it (not me, I'm just a moderator there) forgot to renew the hosting plan for 2023-2024.

The owners of the board are currently in the process of moving all of their sites/services to a different host, so renewing the NameCheap hosting plan was not a priority for them.

It has recently been renewed for one month and after that one of the following will happen:
1. I will take over and relocate the board to a different server. If that happens, it is likely the board will be renamed back to MCL Boards, as it was called prior to 2022.
2. It is possible (but not confirmed) that MrKubax10 (whom you might know from other MineTest mods, as well as the SuperTux project) will become the new owner of the board and host it on one of his physical servers.
Understood. Hopefully all goes well.

5t3in3r5
GitHub: 5t3in3r5
IRC: 5t3in3r5
In-game: 5t3in3r5

by 5t3in3r5 » Post

Hello people of Minetest Forums I am glad that I could join you all.