18%
None of the above (comments below)
36%

Total votes: 11

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Ethereal Mod Biome Question

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ethereal was originally created to clear all biomes and replace them with it's own, but now with so many excellent mods out there that add decorations and the like it's time to rethink this, so:

alerikaisattera
GitHub: alerikaisattera

Re: Ethereal Mod Biome Question

by alerikaisattera » Post

As it does now: have a setting to clear biomes or not.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Currently when Ethereal mod is loaded, it looks through all biomes and decoration registered and removes any default one's before adding it's own.
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

Hi,

Good question ...
How should Ethereal mod handle biomes ?
  1. Use default biomes and add it's own
  2. Clear default biomes and add all new
  3. None of the above (comments below)
IMO clearly "none of the above" i.e. both of 1 & 2 in the above at the deliberation of the MT players using this excellent MT mod as selectable alternatives on first install of the Ethereal NG mod.

It is a question of choice and heavily depends on the personal attitude of how to enjoy one's world, I presume.

IMO the solution should be an introductory information and dialogue (if reasonably feasible) with giving the choice of 1 or 2 back to the MT player where it belongs.

My five cents.

Have fun with MT.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

The way I implemented it for Aussieforks-Australia mod is to have separate settings for whether to clear the existing, clear the existing decorations, and which biomes to disable individually. Ethereal currently has the disablement of individual biomes part but I think it should have a way to disable clearing existing biomes too. I think these configuration options should be a standard feature set of any biome mod that wants to not be the sole biome mod. I am voting that it should remove the default biomes only on the condition that that should be the default, not the sole mode of operation.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂