I am having problems making a texture

Exhale
In-game: Exhale

I am having problems making a texture

by Exhale » Post

One of the texture packs for mineclone 2 called NS-Textures I found was good and close to minecraft (maybe the older minecraft textures, but close enough) but it was having problems with some of the leaves... and another I found MineClone-2-Textures-master seemed to have everything but I didnt like the textures... so long story short I took the textures from the first, overwrote the textures from the second and I have been customising them from there - softening the dirt texture, lightening the spruce leaves texture, and I got going with the grass texture but where the grass meets the side of the dirt I get this horrible line.
Can anyone tell me how to fix it?Image

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: I am having problems making a texture

by Desour » Post

Haven't tested, but looked into src. Change the mcl_dirt_grass_shadow.png texture. (This here: <https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... shadow.png>)
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Exhale
In-game: Exhale

Re: I am having problems making a texture

by Exhale » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 18:46
Haven't tested, but looked into src. Change the mcl_dirt_grass_shadow.png texture. (This here: <https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... shadow.png>)
Thank you very much... both of the texture packs I took from hadnt done this, but I found it in the mineclone game files and I will now edit it :D (copy it into the texture pack and edit that new one :) )
I am convinced this will solve my irritation, thank you again!

[edit] added a preview of the new version, much better!Image