Are you ready for the XtreemXpansion?

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: Are you ready for the XtreemXpansion?

by CalebJ » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 02:00
CalebJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 19:40
Then why are you expecting MCL to act like a European? I'm afraid that is also jingoistic and chauvinist.
I'm expecting him to act in international fashion not region-specific fashion. That is is the opposite of what you accuse me of. If you look back at the OP you'll notice the latest edit uses YYYY-MM-DD.
CalebJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 19:40
And may I say, nobody asked you to act like an American: I asked you not to insult MCL for acting like one.
Every time someone wrote a date like that on an international forum they made the bad expectation that it's only Americans reading it. And I will call that out and I'll do it again. Just admit that you are the only one rushing to attack me because it offended you personally as an American.
Expecting someone to act in international fashion is almost as bad as expecting them to act in region-specific fashion. The reason I was offended is that I felt you were being abnormally caustic regarding what is a very simple problem: asking MCL nicely would have been much more constructive and likely more productive. People behave according to their own perspectives and views, not yours: if you try to control them, especially as a stranger, you're going to get nowhere fast. If there's some sarcasm or mutual understanding here that I don't sense, excuse me.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

CalebJ wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 03:24
Expecting someone to act in international fashion is almost as bad as expecting them to act in region-specific fashion.
No, not in an international context. In that context it's an act of common courtesy. You are just averse to being cosmopolitan. The world has collaboratively developed systems of dates and times, weights and measures, the names of chemical elements and many other international standards.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

i read the title and clicked on it to find out more, but all i got is a 2-page discussion about date formats.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

I would like to apologise for my combative tone in this thread. No matter the difference of opinion - and trust me I hold some opinions about things that causes a clash when I realise others don't care as much as me - in the end it was too harsh. Attempting objectivity without regard to feeling is too uncaring. And all over something that makes me laugh (as in cheer up) when I see ordinary people chime in.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

I would also like to apologize for getting worked up on this topic, and I'm sure I do the same thing (being too harsh on minor subjects) from time to time: working on eliminating that :-) I'm sorry for being argumentative with you, Blockhead, and sorry for detracting from the primary conversation.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

Hume2 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 21:13
Man, this is not about one culture being supreme over another culture. If you are given three 2-digit numbers and you aren't familiar with the standard, you cannot always deduce which number means what. That's why the international standard was created. Nevertheless, the word "tomorrow" defines it pretty well ;)
the classic "yeah i am going to make a standard to finally unify all those 10 useless standards . " result 11 useless standards
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

c56 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 03:10
Hume2 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 21:13
Man, this is not about one culture being supreme over another culture. If you are given three 2-digit numbers and you aren't familiar with the standard, you cannot always deduce which number means what. That's why the international standard was created. Nevertheless, the word "tomorrow" defines it pretty well ;)
the classic "yeah i am going to make a standard to finally unify all those 10 useless standards . " result 11 useless standards

+1
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Coming soon...

2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

MCL

by MCL » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 04:15
The world has collaboratively developed systems of dates and times, weights and measures, the names of chemical elements and many other international standards.
Is this the "world" that you're talking about?

MCL

by MCL » Post

Phase 2 of the XtreemXpansion starts on 7/16/2023!!!

Twinsonian

by Twinsonian » Post

This is awesome =)

Thank you for your work on these mods

MCL

by MCL » Post

Happy XS Rememberance Day! Today marks one year since its topic on here was locked. ;(

amaki

by amaki » Post

MCL wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 14:42
ROllerozxa wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 05:45
ok
You're on a BB, not on IRC.
True. But i think you're pretty much big headed

rizzlord

by rizzlord » Post

ROllerozxa wrote:
ok
Your argument is invalid.

MCL

by MCL » Post

rizzlord wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:00
ROllerozxa wrote:
ok
Your argument is invalid.
Exactly,
I don't get why some people make these kinds of posts on bulletin boards as if they were on some sort of IRC channel or Discord server.

mrkubax10
GitHub: mrkubax10
IRC: mrkubax10
In-game: mrkubax10

by mrkubax10 » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 01:48
It's good to have a tech mod with cross-game compatibility, and I am absolutely open to being pleasantly surprised. However, I think it is important to have tempered expectations, and so I don't expect a new mod to be better on release than an existing one that still sees active development like Technic Plus.
Hi I'm the developer of IndustrialTest. To clear the confusion, IndustrialTest doesn't aim to replace/compete with Technic. I started working on it mostly for fun, to challenge myself and see if I can write something like that. Orignally I wanted to port Technic to MineClone2 because I run server with this game, that's why mod also supports it. Whether it's currently better than Technic or not, you have to decide yourself. Definitely has more bugs ;)

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

I think this is in the wrong section
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.