IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

Are you ready for the XtreemXpansion?

by MCL » Post

XtreemXpansion: Phase 1
3/23/23

XtreemXpansion: Phase 2 - "SISI YES MORSI NO"
7/16/23

Update 2023-07-11: XtreemXpansion phase 2 "Sisi Yes Morsi No" will start on July 16!

First released mod: SovietTest
Second released mod: XtreemDecor
Third released mod: IndustrialTest

The Xtreem Xpansion is a very unique event that has never happened before! (this is the first time it's happening and it might never happen again!).
During the event, the XtreemTeam will unleash a tsunami of new mods and updates for old mods published under the Xtreem brand.

We are also hoping to add GL3 support to XtreemNodes a modern, lightning-fast engine designed to address MineTest's flaws and eventually replace it in the future.

In order to raise awareness, we have started the XtreemXpansion Awareness Project which aims to promote the event.

Migdyn, the founder of the Xtreem brand connected to a server known as minetest.libreplanet.org:30000 on 3/19 and built a HUMONGOUS banner promoting this very special event!

If you have a Web site or MineTest/XtreemTest server you are heavily encouraged to add the banner! (It's CC BY 4.0 Int'l if anyone wants to know)

7/16/2023 - mark the date!!!
Attachments
screenshot_20230319_162812.png
screenshot_20230319_162812.png (284.77 KiB) Viewed 6436 times
Last edited by MCL on Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:32, edited 6 times in total.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

ROllerozxa
GitHub: ROllerozxa
IRC: ROllerozxa
In-game: ROllerozxa

Re: Are you ready for the XtreemXpansion?

by ROllerozxa » Post

ok

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86

by MCL » Post

ROllerozxa wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 05:45
ok
You're on a BB, not on IRC.
Last edited by MCL on Thu Mar 23, 2023 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

It'll be Freeminer all over again unless you're prepared to commit to backporting everything from Minetest.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

MCL

by MCL » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 03:30
It'll be Freeminer all over again unless you're prepared to commit to backporting everything from Minetest.
Don't even try to compare the Xtreem brand to some shitty Minetest fork.
Xtreem is so much more than a fork, it's an entire system of mods, games, services, and voxel game engines and it's 100+ times larger than anything a human mind could possibly comprehend.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@MCL - Show us your git page and let us all look for ourselves.

MCL

by MCL » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 17:37
@MCL - Show us your git page and let us all look for ourselves.
There is no Git page. I only use Git for multi-personal projects, and while their are a few Xtreem mods that are Git-managed, they are currently secret. They will be unveiled on 3/23/23 (TOMORROW!)
Last edited by MCL on Wed Mar 22, 2023 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

MCL wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 16:15
Blockhead wrote:
There is indeed a massive difference: FreeMiner wasn't a joke.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

MCL

by MCL » Post

LMD wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 17:49
MCL wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
There is indeed a massive difference: FreeMiner wasn't a joke.
Neither is the Xtreem brand.

MCL

by MCL » Post

We are pleased to announce the first release of IndustrialTest, a mod for Minetest heavily inspired by the IndustrialCraft mod for MineCraft (and it's compatible with MCL)!

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

MCL wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 20:58
We are pleased to announce the first release of IndustrialTest, a mod for Minetest heavily inspired by the IndustrialCraft mod for MineCraft (and it's compatible with MCL)!

looks like the mod "technik" to me
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

MCL wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 17:01

We are also hoping to add GL3 support to XtreemNodes a modern, lightning-fast engine designed to address MineTest's flaws and eventually replace it in the future.

3/23/23 - Remember the date!
ok minetest has a advantage in not needing opengl 3 then (it can run on any device )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

MCL

by MCL » Post

c56 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 23:13
looks like the mod "technik" to me
Well, it's not Technic, it's an entirely new mod that MrKubax10 wrote (I helped too) that is compatible with MCL and more robust.
c56 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 23:16
ok minetest has a advantage in not needing opengl 3 then (it can run on any device )
XtreemNodes doesn't need GL 3 either but it will be an option for those who wish to use it

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

MCL wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
Xtreem is so much more than a fork, it's an entire system of mods, games, services, and voxel game engines and it's 100+ times larger than anything a human mind could possibly comprehend.
I will ask you directly: Are you as a project prepared to backport everything that gets merged into the main C++ project yourselves or are you hard forking?
MCL wrote:
There is no Git page. I only use Git for multi-personal projects,
Then how do you manage versions of your projects? Some other version control? If not, how do you fix things if they're broken, just keep fixing it until it's unbroken?
MCL wrote:
and while their are a few Xtreem mods that are Git-managed, they are currently secret. They will be unveiled on 3/23/23 (TOMORROW!)
I am getting tired of your using American date format. It's confusing and unhelpful to an international audience. The majority of the world's native English speakers don't use it, let alone those who use English as a foreign language. Use words as in "23 March 2023" or ISO 8601, or I'm not going to take you seriously.
MCL wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 01:00
Well, it's not Technic, it's an entirely new mod that MrKubax10 wrote (I helped too) that is compatible with MCL and more robust.
It's good to have a tech mod with cross-game compatibility, and I am absolutely open to being pleasantly surprised. However, I think it is important to have tempered expectations, and so I don't expect a new mod to be better on release than an existing one that still sees active development like Technic Plus.
MCL wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 01:00
c56 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 23:16
XtreemNodes doesn't need GL 3 either but it will be an option for those who wish to use it
Okay I'm also going tell you to stop naming things weirdly.

The original Silicon Graphics "GL" is long dead, everything is OpenGL now. You can't even get good results searching with just "GL". It's a habit a bit like calling the site Wikipedia "wiki" for short like "I read it on wiki"..

Same with "MCL" generically. MCL2, MCL5, Mineclonia? You personally? If it's got broad compatibility I would say "Mineclone-family" or a similar term,.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 01:48
MCL wrote:
and while their are a few Xtreem mods that are Git-managed, they are currently secret. They will be unveiled on 3/23/23 (TOMORROW!)
I am getting tired of your using American date format. It's confusing and unhelpful to an international audience. The majority of the world's native English speakers don't use it, let alone those who use English as a foreign language. Use words as in "23 March 2023" or ISO 8601, or I'm not going to take you seriously.
Why the hate against the American date format? This is an international community and he chose to use an accepted date format. It's akin to insulting Americans (or any other culture, for that matter) for using slang because it makes it harder to translate: you make yourself hard to take seriously when you get upset about something so minor.

I'm not saying you aren't right - I think ISO 8601 is the way to go as well. Just that not many people heed a castigator in this day and age.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

CalebJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 04:01
Why the hate against the American date format? This is an international community and he chose to use an accepted date format.
I get that you love your country but its customs are not my customs and it's not acceptable to expect me to act like an American when online, it's jingoistic and chauvinist.

LMD

by LMD » Post

I think MCL deliberately chose the American date format because it yields a "palindromic" (well, if you remove the slashes at least) date (much wowz!). Now could you two please cease getting worked up over such a minuscule convention.

MCL

by MCL » Post

The XtreemXpansion has started, expect to see at least 3 new mods released on the forums today!

MCL

by MCL » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 01:48
I will ask you directly: Are you as a project prepared to backport everything that gets merged into the main C++ project yourselves or are you hard forking?
I'm not going to backport anything, this is a separate engine written from scratch not a fork.
Then how do you manage versions of your projects? Some other version control? If not, how do you fix things if they're broken, just keep fixing it until it's unbroken?
I manage versions by creating zip archives and my brain can actually function properly so my programs and mods don't randomly break between versions.
Sadly, the same cannot be said for many other projects.
Month X, YEAR or The Xth of Month are the only correct ways to write dates in English using words. "23 March 2023" might be correct in Russian but that's not how dates are written in English. I'm sure you would like it better if I used the obsolete 23 III 2023 format with Roman numerals, am I right? Besides, 3/23/23 is palindromic. As to using ISO8601, I don't think it makes sense to use a format intended for computers in day-to-day conversations. Just look at how ugly this looks: 2023-03-23T17:29:16+00:00
It's good to have a tech mod with cross-game compatibility, and I am absolutely open to being pleasantly surprised. However, I think it is important to have tempered expectations, and so I don't expect a new mod to be better on release than an existing one that still sees active development like Technic Plus.
The mod will be an accurate recreation of the IndustrialCraft mod for Minecraft, as I already said, the mod is being written with simplicity and robustness in mind. All of the textures are 16x16 and are handdrawn, a very different approach from "let's take a random photo from the Internet, downscale it to some random resolution and use it as a texture" which is what most other tech mods do.
The original Silicon Graphics "GL" is long dead, everything is OpenGL now. You can't even get good results searching with just "GL". It's a habit a bit like calling the site Wikipedia "wiki" for short like "I read it on wiki"..
It is fairly common for people to refer to OpenGL and OpenAL as simply GL or AL.
Same with "MCL" generically. MCL2, MCL5, Mineclonia? You personally? If it's got broad compatibility I would say "Mineclone-family" or a similar term,.
It refers to all MineClone-derived games, MCL is only my username on the forums. The abbreviation MCL usually doesn't refer to me but something much larger.
LMD wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:24
I think MCL deliberately chose the American date format because it yields a "palindromic" (well, if you remove the slashes at least) date (much wowz!). Now could you two please cease getting worked up over such a minuscule convention.
Correct.
Last edited by MCL on Thu Mar 23, 2023 17:47, edited 2 times in total.

LMD

by LMD » Post

MCL wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 17:39
I manage versions by creating zip archives and my brain can actually function properly so I my shit doesn't randomly break between versions, the same cannot be said for many other modders.
You just erroneously included an extraneous "I" in that sentence. Are you sure that your brain is functioning properly?

MCL

by MCL » Post

LMD wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 17:45
MCL wrote:
I manage versions by creating zip archives and my brain can actually function properly so I my shit doesn't randomly break between versions, the same cannot be said for many other modders.
You just erroneously included an extraneous "I" in that sentence. Are you sure that your brain is functioning properly?
Bro, I fixed it before you even commented.
Seriously, get a life.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:09
CalebJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 04:01
Why the hate against the American date format? This is an international community and he chose to use an accepted date format.
I get that you love your country but its customs are not my customs and it's not acceptable to expect me to act like an American when online, it's jingoistic and chauvinist.
Then why are you expecting MCL to act like a European? I'm afraid that is also jingoistic and chauvinist. And may I say, nobody asked you to act like an American: I asked you not to insult MCL for acting like one.

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

Man, this is not about one culture being supreme over another culture. If you are given three 2-digit numbers and you aren't familiar with the standard, you cannot always deduce which number means what. That's why the international standard was created. Nevertheless, the word "tomorrow" defines it pretty well ;)
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

CalebJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 19:40
Then why are you expecting MCL to act like a European? I'm afraid that is also jingoistic and chauvinist.
I'm expecting him to act in international fashion not region-specific fashion. That is is the opposite of what you accuse me of. If you look back at the OP you'll notice the latest edit uses YYYY-MM-DD.
CalebJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 19:40
And may I say, nobody asked you to act like an American: I asked you not to insult MCL for acting like one.
Every time someone wrote a date like that on an international forum they made the bad expectation that it's only Americans reading it. And I will call that out and I'll do it again. Just admit that you are the only one rushing to attack me because it offended you personally as an American.
Last edited by Blockhead on Fri Mar 24, 2023 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

MCL wrote:
I'm not going to backport anything, this is a separate engine written from scratch not a fork.
Well I wish you luck but this announcement belongs in Minetest-related projects and not General Discussion then.

Partial retraction: The new engine announcement belongs there, the Minetest mods make sense here.