What's the oldest minetest gameplay video you can find?

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

What's the oldest minetest gameplay video you can find?

by Neuromancer » Post

I had to use google site:youtube minetest to find this one. And boy is this a blast from the past. The textures were kind of crappy. But I remember minetest when the only mob was a 2d rat. Wish I could find videos of that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVaOmhNdSlU

Xerenogan
GitHub: Xerenogan
IRC: awells
In-game: Xerenogan

Re: What's the oldest minetest gameplay video you can find?

by Xerenogan » Post

Oh wow! I remember this video, back when I first started playing MT and was looking for let us plays of it.

Sadly the oldest I can find off the cuff is Richard Jeffries earliest videos from 2017.
Lemme try again. Ah, here's one from 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQFLaHFVMcw

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

Xerenogan wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 22:03
Oh wow! I remember this video, back when I first started playing MT and was looking for let us plays of it.

Sadly the oldest I can find off the cuff is Richard Jeffries earliest videos from 2017.
Lemme try again. Ah, here's one from 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQFLaHFVMcw
Love it! Those sound effects for walking on dirt/grass were wretched. Lol. And the lag was insane with 0 mods.

Xerenogan
GitHub: Xerenogan
IRC: awells
In-game: Xerenogan

by Xerenogan » Post

Neuromancer wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 22:13
Love it! Those sound effects for walking on dirt/grass were wretched. Lol. And the lag was insane with 0 mods.
They can best be described as... crunchy. :)

edit: even has a vintage skype notification in the background.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

I sadly don't have a link to the oldest video, but here are some old ones, sorted by date, ascending:
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Desour wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 23:53
I sadly don't have a link to the oldest video, but here are some old ones, sorted by date, ascending:
I'm inclined to think the gameblaster64 video may be the very oldest, since it dates from 25 Jan 2011, and the project was only just shy of 2 months old at that point (according to git history, Minetest started 2010-11-27). Of course, it's possible there are even older videos that aren't titled with Minetest (unlikely) or that someone made and later deleted or never published (somewhat more likely).

And yeah, I have to agree, those early sounds - and textures honestly - were super crunchy!
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂