Page 1 of 1

Minetest-Minimal (0.1.2)(Now with 15 Blocks and a Running Server)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 03:08
by madchicken13
Minetest-Minimal-Edition is the most simple Minetest Out there and Runs on Windows 98 Quite nicely

[url]This is Celeron55 Game, Coded by him (These are some of the first versions i have found)
[/url]
|Site w/ Downloads and Community Forum|
|-----------------------------------------------------|
||| [url]minetestminimal.weebly.com[/url] |||


Leave a Comment Bellow

This Version of Minetest Comes with Extra Texture Packs (HD, gridtoon, and more)
To Install a Texture pack:
Copy the Textures you want into the data folder

Textures and located in the "texture pack" folder of the archive.
PS : Version 0.1.2 Does not have Texture Packs Installed by Default so you will need to Install them

Version (0.1) Has:
no Server Abilities
No Map Saving
2 Blocks

Version 0.1.2(0120925) has:
Server Abilities
15 Blocks (W/ rats!)
Map Saving!
hosting a Server for This If you Want to Play on it with friends (OR others)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 04:03
by cornernote
very small and fast, it lags a little when it has to mapgen

how do you place grass?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 04:07
by madchicken13
cornernote wrote:very small and fast, it lags a little when it has to mapgen

how do you place grass?

I think its F key to change
But dont you think this is kind of cool. Im going to update this with a version that generates the same but runs servers and saves the world :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 16:28
by irksomeduck
Oh lol, I thought this was an emulator rom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 17:13
by Jordach
madchicken13 wrote:Minetest-Gameboy-Edition is the most simple Minetest Out there and Runs on Windows 98 Quite nicely
Download 0.1 (Dont Run Servers Yet):
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/c9chb80xw9i19n5/minetest-m13-gameboy-edition01.zip?dl=1

Leave a Comment Bellow

This Version of Minetest Comes with Extra Texture Packs (HD, gridtoon, and more)
To Install a Texture pack:
Copy the Textures you want into the data folder

Textures and located in the "texture pack" folder of the archive.

Version 0.2 will have:
Server Abilities
23 Blocks (W/ rats!)
Map Saving!
Will be hosting a Server for This IF you Want to Play on it

If you make something less laggy than c55 ever could, then one is a genius.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 18:52
by madchicken13
Jordach wrote:
madchicken13 wrote:Minetest-Gameboy-Edition is the most simple Minetest Out there and Runs on Windows 98 Quite nicely
Download 0.1 (Dont Run Servers Yet):
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/c9chb80xw9i19n5/minetest-m13-gameboy-edition01.zip?dl=1

Leave a Comment Bellow

This Version of Minetest Comes with Extra Texture Packs (HD, gridtoon, and more)
To Install a Texture pack:
Copy the Textures you want into the data folder

Textures and located in the "texture pack" folder of the archive.

Version 0.2 will have:
Server Abilities
23 Blocks (W/ rats!)
Map Saving!
Will be hosting a Server for This IF you Want to Play on it

If you make something less laggy than c55 ever could, then one is a genius.

This will be a genius project. Im going to make it NOT lag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 00:09
by madchicken13
Try Version 0.1.2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 03:22
by jordan4ibanez
windows 98

>windows 98

lolwut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 04:25
by cornernote
nice! very fast to load

you should put a default texture pack in tho, otherwise it doest load until the user copies the files.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 04:29
by cornernote
in the readme and on the website you should give credit to anyone who's code you used to make this. i know you have put in a lot of effort, but so did those before you, and you should acknowledge this by giving credit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 17:41
by madchicken13
cornernote wrote:in the readme and on the website you should give credit to anyone who's code you used to make this. i know you have put in a lot of effort, but so did those before you, and you should acknowledge this by giving credit.

O yea this is celeron55's first versions of minetest i shall do thnx i forgot to do thanks for telling me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:35
by tinoesroho
... the minimal tends to crash as the textures are missing. -.-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 00:16
by madchicken13
tinoesroho wrote:... the minimal tends to crash as the textures are missing. -.-

Adding the Texture Pack Helps a LOT -_-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 02:35
by Menche
The site says it runs on Linux, but it doesn't. The code would be nice so I could build it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 03:06
by madchicken13
I can only get the code from celeron55 Menche
You had the code at one time :P
Its that one version i needed help building lolz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 03:04
by cornernote
can you put it on github?

also, when are the android/ios versions coming? =)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 15:06
by MarkTraceur
madchicken, if you are distributing binaries without source, you're violating the GPL license under which the original Minetest was distributed. Please at least post a link to the source code before you do anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 23:51
by madchicken13
MarkTraceur wrote:madchicken, if you are distributing binaries without source, you're violating the GPL license under which the original Minetest was distributed. Please at least post a link to the source code before you do anything else.

There is no source code celeron does not have source for these versions sorry to ruin your day >:(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 01:09
by MarkTraceur
What version did you base it off of, then?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 02:33
by Menche
madchicken13 wrote:
MarkTraceur wrote:madchicken, if you are distributing binaries without source, you're violating the GPL license under which the original Minetest was distributed. Please at least post a link to the source code before you do anything else.

There is no source code celeron does not have source for these versions sorry to ruin your day >:(

So, you built it from...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 03:34
by madchicken13
It was Built But i Added more textures :|

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 01:48
by theminetestguy
could you tell me if it has survival and if i would run with 470mb ram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 02:55
by hoodedice
theminetestguy wrote:could you tell me if it has survival and if i would run with 470mb ram


[spoiler]LOOK AT THE DATE ON THE LAST POST. 2012. TWENTY ZWIZZING TWELVE. THIS TOPIC IS OLD AND THE PROJECT IS OBSOLETE.[/spoiler]

aka, Please don't bump old topics.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08
by theminetestguy
:/