Problem with keys

Minnie

Problem with keys

by Minnie » Post

I change my keys via the game menu, it writes a config file but the game does not seem to see or find it as when I start to play no keys work at all.

Can anyone help?
Last edited by Minnie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

Minnie

by Minnie » Post

Somebody must have had the same problem when changing the keys. I can't believe I am the only one. ;)

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

most people don't change keys but there might be some who do it

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

kahrl

by kahrl » Post

Last time I checked I found some problems with the keybinding system, don't exactly remember what they were, but I planned to try and redesign that part. E.g. one problem was that the Windows key wouldn't work at all in X11, but that turned out to be a bug in Irrlicht, nothing that minetest could work around, sadly.

I didn't ever get around to do the redesign, but seeing that other people have problems I might start again. I need some input though. What OS are you on, what keys did you try to change, how did it change the config file and what keys don't work?

Minnie

by Minnie » Post

The first time I play I can use the default keys, but after changing my keys, none of the keys I changed work at all. The only thing I can see that changes is that a config file is generated in the game folder, the only thing it contains are my new keybindings and none of the other stuff found in the example config.

I am running it on windows 7 64 bit. i change my movement keys to the arrow keys, jump to right CTRL and sneak to Numbad 0.

I think for some reason the program isn't able to locate the new config, or maybe it does, I really don't know.
Last edited by Minnie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 18:08, edited 1 time in total.