Glass walkway underwater

metouto

Glass walkway underwater

by metouto » Post

I would like to make an glass enclosed walkway from my house to an island underwater ....

1) if I make this underwater is there a way to get all the water out after it is built ... like maybe a sponge ????

2) if it is made out of glass could I add track to the left and then a walkway to the right if I make it wide enough ????

thanks for any and all help :)
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

There aren't any buckets in Minetest (yet), but what you can do is build that tunnel you want first. Once completed, fill the inside with grass or bamboo entirely until all the water is gone. Then just chip away all the grass/bamboo and you'll have a underwater walkway.

It's a little work, but it should do. Unless there's an easier way somehow...
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

metouto

by metouto » Post

thank you Gambit :) .... I just never thought about that ... yes it is a little work but the results will be well worth it .... again thanks

Edited 10/29/11 ... 10:55pm ... Gambit, just wanted you and the readers to know that this worked out very very well :)
Last edited by metouto on Sun Oct 30, 2011 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

Re: Glass walkway underwater

by Clyde » Post

I did it like Gambit is doing but only with dirt.

Another way is, you bild your Room with dirt, after them, you build the outside walls with your material what you want, i prefer obsidian-glass for this.
Then you have only to remove the dirt inside.

Greetings, Clyde.

P.S.: Oh, and let the corrals, they are nice dekoration.
so you can build in lava too ;-).
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

Re: Glass walkway underwater

by v-rob » Post

Please, this post is from 2011, 11 years old. Don't resurrect long-dead topics; the author almost certainly doesn't need the help anymore (It's fairly likely that the author is no longer even playing Minetest).
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass