Mac Build?

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

OmniStudent wrote:
tux_peng wrote:You need to use dylibbunddler for your build to be distributable. You can fix the permission errors with
Oh, I did not know this. Then my builds are unusable :(
It took me a while to learn that. I have worked on porting lincity-ng, pingus, defenguin, supertuxkart & other games in the past. I was lost until someone named Auria (currently one of the leaders of supertuxkart) helped me out.

What version of osx are you running?

You might want to check out my xcodeproj, I think I have it pretty close to compiling with frameworks only
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

Thanks for the tip, this would have taken me ages to figure out on my own. I have looked at dylibbbundler and will probably use it in this week.

I'm running 10.6 and won't change until my uber-mac-savvy bro tells me to.

Link to your xcode project please?

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

It will need some adjusting, and I do not know if it will open for you; I'll help out if I can

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 239#p55239

Tell me if anything needs reuploading
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

Oh, it was that one you published here :)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Is it possible to make one for mac 10.4 ppc?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

JimmyNixon2636

by JimmyNixon2636 » Post

I can't get to work on my macbook air with lion on it all mine test does bounce in the dock. Sense I have dowloaded 0.4.6 It's now working .
Last edited by JimmyNixon2636 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

So does anyone know how to compile minetest for mac ppc?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I tried to compile it on OS X 10.4 and 10.5, both PowerPC. I never was able to get it to work. Eventually, I converted the OS X 10.5 machine to run Debian 6.0.6 instead. After that, it compiled just fine, but the client was completely unusable (the server runs just fine).

Long story short, I don't think the client is compatible with PowerPC processors. Unless you're running a server only, you may not get very far without an Intel32 or AMD64 processor.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

So the computer world is now intel and ppc is too old.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

ch98 wrote:So the computer world is now intel and ppc is too old.
Yeah. It appears so, unfortunately.

neron

by neron » Post

Reckon anyone could compile the latest version of minetest for mac?

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

neron wrote:Reckon anyone could compile the latest version of minetest for mac?
I have managed to do this, viewtopic.php?id=5376, but I can't make a distributable version, it has to be built on a computer with all the right dependencies in the right places.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

OmniStudent wrote:
neron wrote:Reckon anyone could compile the latest version of minetest for mac?
I have managed to do this, viewtopic.php?id=5376, but I can't make a distributable version, it has to be built on a computer with all the right dependencies in the right places.
Why?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)