Mods Confusion!

Viron

Mods Confusion!

by Viron » Post

I need help, because when I install mods, they show up in singleplayer when you go to inventory and that menu pops up where you can get items, but not in multiplayer... I don't really know what to do...

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

In multiplayer all mods are on the server. No mod that you installed locally is used.
If you use creative mode there is a list with all items in your inventory. But also the creative mode is set by the server so the server admin need to enable it.

Viron

by Viron » Post

PilzAdam wrote:In multiplayer all mods are on the server. No mod that you installed locally is used.
If you use creative mode there is a list with all items in your inventory. But also the creative mode is set by the server so the server admin need to enable it.
So no mods I install in the mods folder will be used? And how do you set creative?

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Viron wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:In multiplayer all mods are on the server. No mod that you installed locally is used.
So no mods I install in the mods folder will be used? And how do you set creative?
In the main menu -> Singleplayer there is a checkbox "Creative Mode".

Viron

by Viron » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Viron wrote:
In the main menu -> Singleplayer there is a checkbox "Creative Mode".
I'm not sure you understand what I mean. I have my own server, and I want the mods to be on there too, but the mods dont show up in the menu in my inventory.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

All mods are server-side; you have to install the mods in your server's mod folder. Singleplayer is really hacky multiplayer; when you play singleplayer, your client starts a local server and the mods you see are the ones installed locally. When you play on another server, the mods you see are the ones installed on that server.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Viron

by Viron » Post

Menche wrote:All mods are server-side; you have to install the mods in your server's mod folder. Singleplayer is really hacky multiplayer; when you play singleplayer, your client starts a local server and the mods you see are the ones installed locally. When you play on another server, the mods you see are the ones installed on that server.
Where is the server's mod folder?

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

In the minetest root directory (which should list folders like bin...), go to /mods/minetest/ and drop folders there (not ZIPs). :-)
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

Assuming the server runs Linux, mods can be installes systemwide in ~/.minetest/mods/minetest (create those folders if they don't exist).
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

The Unmodded Man

by The Unmodded Man » Post

I'm struggling with mod paths too. I've seen lots of documentation that says creating a the path ~/.minetest/mods/minetest should work but does not for me. I've found /usr/share/minetest and located a folder in there where I'm told mods should go, but that doesn't work for me either even once I make the ownership and perms match the other mods in that folder.

Is there nowhere in the conf file where we can explicitly list mods, or an ingame command?

the tao of badass

by the tao of badass » Post

Thank you for admin.