Google has found .... freeimagehosting.net

Topywo

Google has found .... freeimagehosting.net

by Topywo » Post

Last days I got this message clicking on some posts:

Google has found malicious software may be installed on your computer. It warned that freeimagehosting.net has (probaly) been compromised by a hacker.

People using this uploader might consider temporarily not using it or using another one until the problems are solved.

edit: It doesn't mean it is already installed, but gives you the choice to proceed or go back :-)
Last edited by Topywo on Sat Dec 22, 2012 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Unless the site is making you download software, or anything else, this is most definitely fake. Although Hackers, do place adverts in sites such as these, so when it says download twice, one is from the ad and downloads a virus and the other isn't and actually downloads the right thing.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

How can google know you're on this site ?
Or maybe you are using chrome...
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Topywo wrote:Google has found malicious software may be installed on your computer. It warned that freeimagehosting.net has (probaly) been compromised by a hacker.

Anyway, anything with "free" in the domain name tends to be malicious, most of the time. ;)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Actually, it's google blacklisting freeimagehosting.net.
If your posts contains [ img ] tags that point to an image on that site, you get this warning when you open the topic.
If you ask me, from experience, I wouldn't use a website/service whose name contains "free" or some such thing in it, and I see Calinou shares this point of view. (of course there are exceptions for now well-known open source software like FreeCiv).
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal