There are way too many servers!

davidpace

There are way too many servers!

by davidpace » Post

Way too many servers!!!! There should be an all out PvP server, with griefing and everything! I do not grief unless I am allowed to. Just saying :P
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

davidpace wrote:Way too many servers!!!! There should be an all out PvP server, with griefing and everything! I do not grief unless I am allowed to. Just saying :P
+100%
Sometimes i want to go to war but with the hole deal of burning villages and killing people.
I think the privs should be interact and shout.
also there would be the faction mod so people can have clans and nations
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Well such a lawless server is on my todo list but sadly don't have resources to do such.

My vision for such is a server with the only rules being don't cause server issues or unreasonable resource usage. I have been planning this for awhile and all privs (minus fly and fast and admin related) would be enabled by default.

If someone has a spare computer with some bandwidth they wouldn't mind donating I'd have no problem getting such a server up and running. However don't expect me to administer it. Just set it up and get it running.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:Well such a lawless server is on my todo list but sadly don't have resources to do such.

My vision for such is a server with the only rules being don't cause server issues or unreasonable resource usage. I have been planning this for awhile and all privs (minus fly and fast and admin related) would be enabled by default.

If someone has a spare computer with some bandwidth they wouldn't mind donating I'd have no problem getting such a server up and running. However don't expect me to administer it. Just set it up and get it running.
Aldo don't give /give me priv by default
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:Well such a lawless server is on my todo list but sadly don't have resources to do such.

I've been tinkering with an idea. How about, let's say, an invincible (protected) fortress for each clan. Then each clan must go into the wild and build towns, and place a flag (a special node) on it. At the end of the day, points are awarded for each flag held. Also, to prevent spamming of flags, only the server admins can give flags to clan leaders.

There should be also a "cool off" period (let's say one hour every 6 hours) in which PvP is disabled to let clans rebuild their towns.

Any more ideas/suggestions/corrections are welcome.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I like all your ideas. Sadly though... I cannot run a server :'(, I usually am on a shared pc. Plus the computer isn't very good.
It is decent, but not very good. :-).

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

LorenzoVulcan
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

ItaliaUnix server is a PVP and griefing-allowed server,but it's sponsored only in italian sites.
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

lol look at the poll
Yes 8 88.89%
Mo 1 11.11%
The word is No not Mo.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

There should be a griefing/prank war server set up by someone. If you really want to stop griefers, you'll have to confront them with another server where it is allowed and they can do whatever they want. I wouldn't mind doing some pranking videos, like killing people, really brutally in some hysterical ways.

Can you make it so on death, people lose everything? That would be needed.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

LorenzoVulcan
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote: Can you make it so on death, people lose everything? That would be needed.
There is bones or Time2Pwn mod.
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Yep, a real war-server would be awesome! Burning cities, bunkers, tnt, traps :D Wow, that would be cool!

TheArtur

by TheArtur » Post

I totally agree colleagues too long I want new servers with PVP and clans to make it interesting and servers were specific functions and of course there were the best set of fashion to talk the talk they heard

TheArtur

by TheArtur » Post

I would be very glad that there were such military servers it very coolly, burning of the cities of the village of fortress of the country clans war locks trap bunkers dynamites can be thought up the unions котопульты still that was fashions on a bone, also that there was a decor fashions there tables chairs etc., it would be very cool and fine, long ago wanted посражатьтся ah moreover that was fashions on armor, I wanted to do some fighting long ago and that on ordinary servers I begin war at once everything take offense administrators punish and so that was the server where was possible to be at war and all military =) that if will attack spoke took offense players and didn't call administrators, surely has to be fashions on dynamite and on wires and any features and naturally has to be present fashions on ores have to be fashions all which will be useful, there was one server пвп but it now down call friends, though not the such and cool remember we with the friend constructed walls of boards to us there were players we them from onions from boards there was an internal part external stone we there a ditch dug on enemies a lava merged there was very coolly and now a boredom, I very much want that there were such servers because it will be grandiose! ! !

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

TheArtur wrote:I would be very glad that there were such military servers it very coolly, burning of the cities of the village of fortress of the country clans war locks trap bunkers dynamites can be thought up the unions котопульты still that was fashions on a bone, also that there was a decor fashions there tables chairs etc., it would be very cool and fine, long ago wanted посражатьтся ah moreover that was fashions on armor, I wanted to do some fighting long ago and that on ordinary servers I begin war at once everything take offense administrators punish and so that was the server where was possible to be at war and all military =) that if will attack spoke took offense players and didn't call administrators, surely has to be fashions on dynamite and on wires and any features and naturally has to be present fashions on ores have to be fashions all which will be useful, there was one server пвп but it now down call friends, though not the such and cool remember we with the friend constructed walls of boards to us there were players we them from onions from boards there was an internal part external stone we there a ditch dug on enemies a lava merged there was very coolly and now a boredom, I very much want that there were such servers because it will be grandiose! ! !
I would think that there should be a couple days to build then a day to fight then a couple to build and a day to fight. There could be spies and stuff
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

TheArtur

by TheArtur » Post

who responded that such a server should not be themselves should not be

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:I would think that there should be a couple days to build then a day to fight then a couple to build and a day to fight. There could be spies and stuff
http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 472#p62472
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

kaeza wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:I would think that there should be a couple days to build then a day to fight then a couple to build and a day to fight. There could be spies and stuff
http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 472#p62472
Lol didn't see that
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jmf

by jmf » Post

Isn't the griefwar server about griefing and PVP?
This one: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3655 .
No longer active in minetest.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

All of them are down.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

kaeza wrote: There should be also a "cool off" period (let's say one hour every 6 hours) in which PvP is disabled to let clans rebuild their towns.

I think 6 hours building/one hour destroying is more realistic. I wonder if there are at all players willing to build some nice stuff to get it destroyed in an eye wink.

Maybe some great existing servers are willing to give copies of their maps as battleground?

Then divide some regions among the players (random, player choice, by agreement) to set up some traps, make reinforcements etc. and plant a flag to be taken.

jmf

by jmf » Post

Topywo wrote:
kaeza wrote: There should be also a "cool off" period (let's say one hour every 6 hours) in which PvP is disabled to let clans rebuild their towns.

I think 6 hours building/one hour destroying is more realistic.
The 6 hours of PvP doesn't mean that there is no building at this time.
The people build their structures and fight each other while this time. In the time without PvP, bigger structures can be built and it may bring a tactical advantage.
So I'd prefer 6 hours of fight, 1 hour of building.
No longer active in minetest.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Oops sorry! Lol
jojoa1997 wrote:lol look at the poll
Yes 8 88.89%
Mo 1 11.11%
The word is No not Mo.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

jmf wrote:The 6 hours of PvP doesn't mean that there is no building at this time.
The people build their structures and fight each other while this time. In the time without PvP, bigger structures can be built and it may bring a tactical advantage.
So I'd prefer 6 hours of fight, 1 hour of building.
Exactly. This also means that there's some tactical aspect: leave the well-equipped players for offensive, and leave the not-so-well-equipped to rebuild the towns in the meantime.
Also, develop some "class" system. For example, warriors can use swords (which would cause more damage) and rangers can use long-ranged weapons (like bows and guns), but one class cannot use weapons of another class. That should add more strategic elements to the game.
Last edited by kaeza on Mon Jan 07, 2013 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

TheArtur

by TheArtur » Post

мы сейчас просто сидим и мечтаем и пишем красивые коментарии,время не сидеть на месте а работать над сервером вместе таким образом нам нужно связаться по скайпу добавляйте меня мой логин аза626

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

why did you type in russian
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging