The Changes to MESE..

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Menche wrote:Well. That certainly is very constructive and useful.
Sorry i was on tablet and couldnt type my reasons. I think that it should not be changed in the default game cause alot of people converted their mods to mach the new mese and also i like the crystals. Now if we change some textures and add a forth bottom level to mese then that is fine.
Edit=fix typos
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
Sorry i was on tablet and couldnt type my reasons. I think that it should not be changed in the default game cause alot of people converted their mods to mach the new mese and also i like the crystals. Now if we change some textures and add a forth bottom level to mese then that is fine.
Edit=fix typos
The crystals would still be the default option with my idea. About the crafting, yes, that would be a problem. Would aliases fix that, maybe? Anyway, the whole point is, the current solution doesn't allow for a good way to switch between the old and then new, because there's multiple different kinds of mese that in my opinion are redundant. Yes, you could change this with a mod, but that would break other mods.

Two more suggestions:
1. change back to VanessaE's first solution. Redefining the nodes to get the old mese back was fine there; my only problem with it was that old crafting recipes would be broken. As most recipes have been updated, that is no long a problem.

2. change the current mese_crystal to another kind of crystal, like maybe quartz? IMHO, mese only makes sense as the original block, because of its history in minetest. As anything else, I think it's entirely nonsense. I suggested quartz because of mesecons; piezoelectricity gives quartz some electric properties.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Menche

by Menche » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
Edit=fix typos
The crystals would still be the default option with my idea. About the crafting, yes, that would be a problem. Would aliases fix that, maybe? Anyway, the whole point is, the current solution doesn't allow for a good way to switch between the old and then new, because there's multiple different kinds of mese that in my opinion are redundant. Yes, you could change this with a mod, but that would break other mods.

Two more suggestions:
1. change back to VanessaE's first solution. Redefining the nodes to get the old mese back was fine there; my only problem with it was that old crafting recipes would be broken. As most recipes have been updated, that is no long a problem.

2. change the current mese_crystal to another kind of crystal, like maybe quartz? IMHO, mese only makes sense as the original block, because of its history in minetest. As anything else, I think it's entirely nonsense. I suggested quartz because of mesecons; piezoelectricity gives real-life quartz some electric properties.
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Menche

by Menche » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
Edit=fix typos
The crystals would still be the default option with my idea. About the crafting, yes, that would be a problem. Would aliases fix that, maybe? Anyway, the whole point is, the current solution doesn't allow for a good way to switch between the old and the new seamlessly, because there's multiple different kinds of mese that in my opinion are redundant. Yes, you could change this with a mod, but that would break other mods.

Two more suggestions:

2. change the current mese_crystal to another kind of crystal, like maybe quartz? IMHO, mese only makes sense as the original block, because of its history in minetest. As anything else, I think it's entirely nonsense. I suggested quartz because of mesecons; piezoelectricity gives real-life quartz some electric properties.
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

but the mese is so special. maybe have a setting to make it eaither new mese or old mese. or you could download the mese mod that jordan4ipbanez made. IIRC
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Menche wrote:Perhaps a bit late for a new suggestion, but here goes...

Make mese spawn naturally as a block called default:mese_ore. It would have the mese crystals texture.
The default:mese_ore would drop default:mese, which would be a craftitem with the crystal texture.
The default:mese_shard and default:mese_block would be crafted normally from default:mese.

This way, those who want the crystals would get them, and it would remain compatible with old mods (in know, most have been converted already...).

Those who want classic mese could retexture default:mese_ore and redefine default:mese to be the old block. This would integrate better then the current oldmese mod.
If you make default:mese a craftitem it would destroy old maps.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Menche wrote:Perhaps a bit late for a new suggestion, but here goes...

Make mese spawn naturally as a block called default:mese_ore. It would have the mese crystals texture.
The default:mese_ore would drop default:mese, which would be a craftitem with the crystal texture.
The default:mese_shard and default:mese_block would be crafted normally from default:mese.

This way, those who want the crystals would get them, and it would remain compatible with old mods (in know, most have been converted already...).

Those who want classic mese could retexture default:mese_ore and redefine default:mese to be the old block. This would integrate better then the current oldmese mod.
If you make default:mese a craftitem it would destroy old maps.
Also if you change the name then all the new mods would still have broken recipes
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Heres Mine MESE Stick that going be, use for jojoa1997 and Mine Speacial Tools I made the Stick not with a Pre-Made Item.

And there will be more stuff you can use it for soon. Hope so celeron55 add it to, his next game since this Stick will do good, in 0.4.5

My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)