minetest pocket edition

User avatar
kobayashi
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:09
Location: The lava

minetest pocket edition

by kobayashi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:23

Minetest is a very good game and I love it.I ask to celeron55 to create minetest pocket edition like mincraft pocket edition(thanks for minetest 0.4.5)
I'm french so I have probably make many mistakes
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:31

sfan5 is working on creating one. he is having trouble running irrlight on android though.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

oxenfreedan
Member
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 20:54

GOOD!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the finished minetest pe 0.0.1!!!!!!!!!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!
 

User avatar
kobayashi
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:09
Location: The lava

by kobayashi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 09:11

When minetest pocket edition wil be ready tell me it on this topic or on a new topic (please put it on this market : Google play, Apk Market, Slide Me)
thanks you for listening
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5860
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:30

kobayashi, you should search the forum first before posting ideas and requests, this has been mentioned several times.

The app, if done, will probably only be for android.

I am not sure how the android market works, but the dev tool kit is free for android, but not for iOS.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
 

oxenfreedan
Member
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 21:19

How soon do you expect the beta to be out? Also will we be able to install mods?
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!
 

tinoesroho
Member
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 21:55
Location: Canada

by tinoesroho » Sun Mar 24, 2013 00:21

oxenfreedan wrote:How soon do you expect the beta to be out? Also will we be able to install mods?

It probably will be a Minetest client first and foremost. Minetest server could certainly run - if the dependencies can be configured to work on Android. Having the _same_ server would allow for the same features. It wouldn't be a different game: it would be a different set of controls for the same game.

/soapbox
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/
 

oxenfreedan
Member
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 00:26

I didn't understand a thing you just said!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!
 

User avatar
YoYoBuddy
Member
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 00:49
Location: New York City

by YoYoBuddy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 04:20

GOD DANGIT!!!!!! I have an ipad not android...
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a
person, he can't be fixed."

-Rick Riordan
 

rarkenin
Member
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 20:48

by rarkenin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29

tinoesroho wrote:
oxenfreedan wrote:How soon do you expect the beta to be out? Also will we be able to install mods?

It probably will be a Minetest client first and foremost. Minetest server could certainly run - if the dependencies can be configured to work on Android. Having the _same_ server would allow for the same features. It wouldn't be a different game: it would be a different set of controls for the same game.

/soapbox


As I see it, it will be besier to get SQLite to work more easily than Irrlicht. Irrlicht communicates with hardware at a lower level than SQLite(which just uses fsync often)
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.
 

recarv
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 23:07
Location: In ponyville, with Pinkie Pie.

by recarv » Mon Mar 25, 2013 15:30

Would it be free, and if so, I would get an Android for Minetest pocket edition. Way to go Sfan5!
I wonder if Minetest Tekkit is coming...
When will we get it?
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 15:48

of course it would be free. minetest is community based and he will be compileing minetest to android not make a new game
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

oxenfreedan
Member
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 19:35

Crap with Ipad who needs it its apple and android is linux. Linux is so much better!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!
 

User avatar
onpon4
Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 01:54

by onpon4 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 00:36

oxenfreedan wrote:Crap with Ipad who needs it its apple and android is linux. Linux is so much better!


Linux is just a kernel, and Linux, the kernel is the only thing Android has in common with GNU/Linux (e.g. Trisquel, Fedora, Debian). Any possible advantage Android might have when it comes to device compatibility over iOS due to using Linux is moot because iOS is only available for Apple's hardware anyway.

That's not to say that iOS is any good. Both Android and iOS are pretty bad freedom-killers in practice (try Replicant instead if you can; that's a mostly free system), but iOS is by far the worst jail.
 

prestidigitator
Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 04:54

The interesting thing if Minetest were ported to Android is that a significant portion of it (if not all) would probably have to be converted to Java. Not a bad thing IMO, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who would hesitate to go that way....
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Tue Mar 26, 2013 05:18

Just skip android and make a Minetest app for Ubuntu touch! XD
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
onpon4
Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 01:54

by onpon4 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 14:15

prestidigitator wrote:The interesting thing if Minetest were ported to Android is that a significant portion of it (if not all) would probably have to be converted to Java. Not a bad thing IMO, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who would hesitate to go that way....


Not necessarily. Lots of Android apps are C programs wrapped with a layer of Java for compatibility (I believe ScummVM and The Ur-Quan Masters are examples). The main issue, if I'm not mistaken, would be 3D rendering (e.g. OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL).
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5860
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 17:02

onpon4 wrote:That's not to say that iOS is any good. Both Android and iOS are pretty bad freedom-killers in practice (try Replicant instead if you can; that's a mostly free system), but iOS is by far the worst jail.


Android is open source.
 

User avatar
onpon4
Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 01:54

by onpon4 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 20:21

rubenwardy wrote:Android is open source.


Yes (as long as you're not talking about version 3, from what I've read), but that's not the end of it. Most of the code is under a permissive license, which means modifications manufacturers of phones make can be kept from you. More obviously, though, no Android device has only Android; they are also bundled with a lot of nonfree software, including the Google Play store and other nonfree Google software. So in practice, Android is not even close to being a free system. Cyanogenmod is more free (it still recommends nonfree software, but doesn't include them in the base install), and Replicant is the freest system you can get on most phones and tablets today.
 

User avatar
kobayashi
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:09
Location: The lava

by kobayashi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 19:31

(when minetest will be available on android can you put this in apk file on download minetest)
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)
 

Rct. Tsoul
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 18:24
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

by Rct. Tsoul » Mon Apr 08, 2013 16:51

One thing that can help to export C++ code for Ipad is DragonFire
http://www.dragonfiresdk.com/products.htm
Need to add on screen movement controls, just kinda keep it a little different from Minecraft or they will sue and take it off the app stores, such as different colors, different shape arrows and such.
Being able to run a server without slow bottlenecking Java combined with tablets and Ipads would dominate over Minecraft, the best way to prevent from being sewed is to make the app 1 more dollar expensive so it wont look like your undercutting Minecraft, but this is a good program and worth paying a good $9 to $10 for the apps, keeping it free on the PC is what will allow it to dominate.
 

User avatar
Jordach
Member
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 17:58
Location: Blender Scene
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Mon Apr 08, 2013 17:11

I'd suggest we make it free; most other block games will probably follow suit.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19056 Solar Plains Dev Server
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 18:00

Jordach wrote:I'd suggest we make it free; most other block games will probably follow suit.
of course it will be free
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 18:04

Rct. Tsoul wrote:One thing that can help to export C++ code for Ipad is DragonFire
http://www.dragonfiresdk.com/products.htm
Need to add on screen movement controls, just kinda keep it a little different from Minecraft or they will sue and take it off the app stores, such as different colors, different shape arrows and such.
Being able to run a server without slow bottlenecking Java combined with tablets and Ipads would dominate over Minecraft, the best way to prevent from being sewed is to make the app 1 more dollar expensive so it wont look like your undercutting Minecraft, but this is a good program and worth paying a good $9 to $10 for the apps, keeping it free on the PC is what will allow it to dominate.


about controls - any way to keep the keyboard support? touch controls should be like two sticks, no arrows
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 19:21

oxenfreedan wrote:GOOD!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the finished minetest pe 0.0.1!!!!!!!!!!!

0.0.1....
Making a reduced pocket version is bad!
It's better to port the pc version with all features
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

Next

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests