minetest pocket edition

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Element wrote:i know so make it so you can have mods
Start small man.

Make it so we can have the default stuff and then branch off toward bigger things.

leetelate

by leetelate » Post

lol - after breaking a sweat to design a tablet interface that fits the needed fumctions (and works with multi-touch), i see this -> Image
it is an image (not a video) of the controls from some mc clone for tablet use (not a very good one imo with no multiplayer and not even free)
a lot of wasted space with unneeded icons to set time of day, and regular/third person view, and stuff like that - that is what the chat commands in mt are for lol
Last edited by leetelate on Thu Oct 24, 2013 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
MT IS MC'S SMARTER BROTHER
minetest 0.4.8 compiled from latest git on linux mint 15 with qjoypad and wired 360 controller
freeminer, pilztest, buildcraft and next are the idea factories
my minetest page is http://1337318.zymichost.com if zymic isn't down - meh, it is free...

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

leetelate wrote:lol - after breaking a sweat to design a tablet interface that fits the needed fumctions (and works with multi-touch), i see this -> http://i.imgur.com/NZw3r3E.png
it is an image (not a video) of the controls from some mc clone for tablet use (not a very good one imo with no multiplayer and not even free)
a lot of wasted space with unneeded icons to set time of day, and regular/third person view, and stuff like that - that is what the chat commands in mt are for lol
That is a good game ut i agree the controls are kinda useless.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

johnDoe

by johnDoe » Post

leetelate wrote:lol - after breaking a sweat to design a tablet interface that fits the needed fumctions (and works with multi-touch), i see this -> http://i.imgur.com/NZw3r3E.png
I have both Minecraft PE and Survivalcraft (the game in the screenshot) and I found the latter's controls considerably less cumbersome. Also, Minecraft PE doesn't have multiplayer yet either.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

johnDoe wrote:
I have both Minecraft PE and Survivalcraft (the game in the screenshot) and I found the latter's controls considerably less cumbersome. Also, Minecraft PE doesn't have multiplayer yet either.
Wrong way round. Minecraft PE has multiplayer, and apps so people can host servers, survivalcraft has no multiplayer. I have both tooo.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

johnDoe

by johnDoe » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote: Wrong way round. Minecraft PE has multiplayer, and apps so people can host servers, survivalcraft has no multiplayer. I have both tooo.
The only multiplayer for Minecraft PE is realms, which is not finished.
realms.minecraft.net wrote: The service is currently in closed alpha and only a select few has been invited so far.
Unless you are of that select few, you have no multiplayer.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

johnDoe wrote:
Dan Duncombe wrote: Wrong way round. Minecraft PE has multiplayer, and apps so people can host servers, survivalcraft has no multiplayer. I have both tooo.
The only multiplayer for Minecraft PE is realms, which is not finished.
realms.minecraft.net wrote: The service is currently in closed alpha and only a select few has been invited so far.
Unless you are of that select few, you have no multiplayer.
Or unless you get the Minecraft Mulitplayer app which sets up Minecraft PE to use multiplayer, and allows you to visit and host servers, up top 4 people per server at a time.
Last edited by Dan Duncombe on Fri Oct 25, 2013 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

In case someone cares:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/302 ... oid.spk.gz
minetestserver 0.4.8 for Android in spk.gz format
(no curl support)
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

by 1704626 » Post

there is an app search it on your i pods
Just Call Me Numbers

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The iOS and Android apps currently in circulation are in violation of Minetest's licenses. They are illegal. Do not use them. Wait for official builds released by the Minetest core developers.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

Sfan is there an apk available for minetest ye t?

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:Sfan is there an apk available for minetest ye t?
No
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

stormchaser3000

ok

laytewon

by laytewon » Post

Playstarz created an android port of minetest 0.4.8 that works quite well. The only problem is what they inserted with it. You would need to decompile their .apk, remove the push ads/their auto-update system/their fake feedback system and fake license system that is attached to their ads/their keylogger that logs anything you type inside Minetest/and their auto-crash system that crashes the Minetest client if you try to remove the ads, and then recompile/resign the apk.

You do that and you have Minetest for android. I got halfway finished in cleaning their lameware insertions but then stopped from boredom since it is alot of searching/editing :/ . I tested the app on my Nexus 7, so I know their way of running Minetest 0.4.8 itself works quite well it is just the cleaning of their 'insertions' that you need to do.
Last edited by laytewon on Sun Jan 26, 2014 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

laytewon wrote:Playstarz created an android port of minetest 0.4.8 that works quite well. The only problem is what they inserted with it. You would need to decompile their .apk, remove the push ads/their auto-update system/their fake feedback system and fake license system that is attached to their ads/their keylogger that logs anything you type inside Minetest/and their auto-crash system that crashes the Minetest client if you try to remove the ads, and then recompile/resign the apk.

You do that and you have Minetest for android. I got halfway finished in cleaning their lameware insertions but then stopped from boredom since it is alot of searching/editing :/ . I tested the app on my Nexus 7, so I know their way of running Minetest 0.4.8 itself works quite well it is just the cleaning of their 'insertions' that you need to do.
Kindly note that 'BuildCraft', and certain similar apps distributed by PlaysStarz Inc. and/or its affiliates is violating the license terms and conditions of the Minetest license (I think it is LGPL). Please refrain from downloading the app. Cracking/decompiling/reverse engineering the app is just as bad, and even if they have violated certain laws, it isn't a good idea to violate any other laws that prohibit such activities.

The developers at Minetest are working on an android build. If you feel that you are competent enough for the job, kindly see the Unofficial Development section of this forum.

Also, welcome to the Minetest forums!
Last edited by hoodedice on Sun Jan 26, 2014 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Linuxgamer94

by Linuxgamer94 » Post

So how is the Android port comming as I have no idea what most of what you are saying.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Linuxgamer94 wrote:So how is the Android port comming as I have no idea what most of what you are saying.
So.. the game itself works, controls are mostly done(no multitouch support yet) and part of the menu would need to be redesigned to allow the Android keyboard to appear to type text.
Spoiler

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

@sfan5 Is this going to be merged into minetest master so Minetest runs on x86/64bit tablets?
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Splizard wrote:@sfan5 Is this going to be merged into minetest master so Minetest runs on x86/64bit tablets?
Yes, but currently it only works on Android.
You'd need to change a bit in Minetest and add touchscreen input support to Irrlicht for whatever os your tablet runs.

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Splizard wrote:@sfan5 Is this going to be merged into minetest master so Minetest runs on x86/64bit tablets?
You'd need to change a bit in Minetest and add touchscreen input support to Irrlicht for whatever os your tablet runs.
Why isn't touch merged in main?

Or, can you pass a patch for adding touch in minetest for Windows?
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

hoodedice wrote:
sfan5 wrote:
Why isn't touch merged in main?

Or, can you pass a patch for adding touch in minetest for Windows?
1) Touchscreen support is not done yet
2) That patch would need to go into Irrlicht (if Irrlicht doesn't already support that)

stormchaser3000

epic can we have an apk soon