*removed*

starblessed

*removed*

by starblessed » Post

*removed*
Last edited by starblessed on Sat Jul 20, 2013 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

200 ms is a good ping for Minetest (few servers I know have a better ping). If you're far away from your server, you're going to lag. 2 Mb/s is slow by today's standards too, although low throughput does not necessarily result in high latency.

Also, it's quite easy for a Minetest server to have 10+ seconds of lag due to bugs (EmergeThread?).

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Heh... from New Zealand to Kansas, there's at least 5000 km (no idea actually), so lag has to be expected.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

starblessed wrote:I can break a block in MC and the lag means it doesn't ACTUALLY break for around half a second. In Minetest sometimes the block reappear after Ive broken them, and they take upwards of 5 seconds to break server side. Very odd. Perhaps my networking at home is at fault.
Same here, and believe me it has NOTHING to do with server capacity or networking. I can run on a blazing fast server with tons of RAM and a very good network, and the second player to connect from INSIDE the LAN causes these same issues. And yes, this is even with the server's anti-cheat detection turned off in the configuration file. It's just Minetest, unfortunately.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

Yeah, ive always wondered why minecraft was so fast and minetest was so slow
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Psychotic wrote:Yeah, ive always wondered why minecraft was so fast and minetest was so slow
On my computer, it's the opposite. Minecraft is unbearably slow, but Minetest is like lightning.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Fri Apr 19, 2013 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

starblessed wrote:You think maybe its because the multiplayer is still relatively new by comparison? Maybe it just hasn't been optimized yet.
Multiplayer is relatively new? What do you mean?
Last edited by Menche on Fri Apr 19, 2013 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.