Bye.

Psychotic

Bye.

by Psychotic » Post

Screw it, im done with this place, im not gonna stick around in a community where you gotta be buddies with the core dev team to get anything added, and with mods who censor, remove posts and lock topics that go against that, so im basically done with my time here. Bye.

If you all really want to still talk to me, here my facebook:https://www.facebook.com/skylark.alphon ... ef=tn_tnmn
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Bye, if you see the community like this, then you should better leave.

Btw, a final number of 128 posts is epic :-)

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Bye, if you see the community like this, then you should better leave.

Btw, a final number of 128 posts is epic :-)
Yeah, but now its 129.
And not all of the community, im talking of the core dev team.
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

PilzAdam wrote:final number of 128 posts is epic
just want to say: number of posts is number of posts, nothing more anyway.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

No he/she has to wait until he/she has 256 posts to quit ;-)

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

PilzAdam wrote:No he/she has to wait until he/she has 256 posts to quit ;-)
Daamn. Oh well.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

PilzAdam wrote: 256 posts to quit
ah, you about that. why not 512, 1024 etc then? :D

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

You're a damn fine person, and I'll miss you. Actually, rather than just leaving, why don't you _fork_ Minetest-core? A group of other disgruntled members could work more efficiently - after all, you dislike the core-team rather than the game or community.

Anyways, take care of yourself.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

tinoesroho wrote: after all, you dislike the core-team rather than the game or community.
I know it's the answer to every problem, but forking only gives you the game, not the community, and then you're stuck working at cross-purposes.

Take care Psychotic, and check out Blockscape if you want, perhaps i'll see you there :-)
Last edited by mauvebic on Sun Apr 21, 2013 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

tinoesroho wrote:You're a damn fine person, and I'll miss you. Actually, rather than just leaving, why don't you _fork_ Minetest-core? A group of other disgruntled members could work more efficiently - after all, you dislike the core-team rather than the game or community.

Anyways, take care of yourself.
I could be a beta tester of the new _fork_ mito is making, although i cant code for crap.

but hey, who knows, i may come back some day, it all depends on if i ever feel a big need to.

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

Psychotic wrote:you gotta be buddies with the core dev team to get anything added
I'm not sure if this is really true (I haven't begged for features), but supposing it is: I don't see the problem with it. Developing software is work, and the Minetest dev team isn't being paid; it's all volunteer. Given that, I'd hardly say it's their obligation to pander to random people's feature requests. It's their right as human beings to do or not do a request. Besides, everyone has their own opinion on what the perfect Minetest game would be; it's simply not possible to fully please everyone, and I'm sure the ones doing actual work on the game are doing it partly for themselves, because they want to play it (I know this is true when I develop games).

Minetest is free software (where "free" refers to freedom, not price). With any piece of free software, you have several possible choices if you disagree with the developers over what the software should be like. The most obvious choice, of course, is to use another program instead, which is also possible with proprietary software. However, you can also fork the program and make the changes you want in your fork, or if you are not skilled enough, you can pay someone who is skilled enough to make the changes in a fork. Anyone who agrees with you can then use your version.

It's even better with Minetest, too, because you don't even necessarily need to fork it; you might be able to just make a new "game" or mod.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

LandMine wrote:Just leave already!
Yep. Just wanted to leave you guys with something to make you go wtf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-KspZ ... =endscreen