All Omploader Users:

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

All Omploader Users:

by Jordach » Post

Recently Omploader has been flagged by most anti-viruses (eg, Avast! apparently its the most downloaded anti-virus for windows on download.com )as a malware distributor, this is not the case.

This is why LandMine got that site blocked error when he tried to view the screenshots for Likwid's Crypt Mod. This seems to affect Avast! Anti-virus users, so the next best thing for images is Imgur, http://imgur.com as they have direct links and store the images indefinitely.

Another good file sharing site is Mediafire, as they don't have a download limit, but they have ads, but AdBlock is suffice to remove such ads from the page. Mediafire does not purposefully slow your downloads down. They also have a file manager, similar to Google Drive. They also scan the uploads you do, so the forum users are not at risk from trojians.

EDIT: Image
Last edited by Jordach on Sun May 12, 2013 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

The one place I use almost all the time is tinypic.com. The pictures load fast, and it doesn't get blocked by the forums, I use it for all screenshots/photos I put on the forums. You also get text that you can copy/paste in a forums message. Just so you know, I'm not someone hired by them to advertise. :P
Last edited by Evergreen on Sun May 12, 2013 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

No wonder when I view screenshots on the forums it never shows up. And I would use imgur.com to post screenshots and whatever else you need to add.
Hi there ^.~

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Mediafire stops me from downloading mods at all because it requires JavaScript. For a simple download, there ought to be no need for JavaScript.
For images, I used zimg.eu, but that seems to be down.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Omploader has an annoying thing it says "Nothing to pee here" and it wont let you download the file :(
Use Dropbox its free, fast and easy to use :D

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I can understand the programs like avast! Antivirus want to "protect" their users.
But if some guy uploads malware to ompldr.org, one company should not block the whole fu**ing domain.
As an Alternative, I agree with Josh, downloading from Dropbox requires nothing = You can use wget or curl
and Dropbox has no Ads
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

sfan5, we could petition to unblock the domain.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I guess that'd be the best thing to do
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Jordach wrote:sfan5, we could petition to unblock the domain.
As of today, no petition had an effect on anything.

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Post

Odd, ill have my Kaspersky anti virus check it, it's one of the best :D
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a
person, he can't be fixed."

-Rick Riordan

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Who needs antivirus if you use Linux? (and are not as dumb as 75% of the Windows users)

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Jordach wrote:sfan5, we could petition to unblock the domain.
Better DDoS them.

shadowwraith

by shadowwraith » Post

sfan5 wrote:I can understand the programs like avast! Antivirus want to "protect" their users.
But if some guy uploads malware to ompldr.org, one company should not block the whole fu**ing domain.
As an Alternative, I agree with Josh, downloading from Dropbox requires nothing = You can use wget or curl
and Dropbox has no Ads
would wget or curl work with Ubuntu One?
"Spill some blood for me dear Brother" Vicente Valtiare, Oblivion

Currently using Minetest 0.4.7 Ubuntu Daily Build on Ubuntustudio 13.10 Saucy Salamander 64bit (based on Ubuntu 13:10)
Trolls will be shot on sight!!!

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

shadowwraith wrote:
sfan5 wrote:I can understand the programs like avast! Antivirus want to "protect" their users.
and Dropbox has no Ads
would wget or curl work with Ubuntu One?
Wget and CURL work with Ubuntu One

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

I've been using Wikisend for files up to 100 meg
or Filedropper if I need up to 5 gig

The reason being, I've ran into Omploader being down at least a dozen times, and I'm getting sick of it.

IthegeekRS

by IthegeekRS » Post

Jordach wrote:Recently Omploader has been flagged by most anti-viruses (eg, Avast! apparently its the most downloaded anti-virus for windows on download.com )as a malware distributor, this is not the case.

This is why LandMine got that site blocked error when he tried to view the screenshots for Likwid's Crypt Mod. This seems to affect Avast! Anti-virus users, so the next best thing for images is Imgur, http://imgur.com as they have direct links and store the images indefinitely.

Another good file sharing site is Mediafire, as they don't have a download limit, but they have ads, but AdBlock is suffice to remove such ads from the page. Mediafire does not purposefully slow your downloads down. They also have a file manager, similar to Google Drive. They also scan the uploads you do, so the forum users are not at risk from trojians.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/FIjGO7c.png
ompldr.org was shut down.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

IthegeekRS wrote:
Jordach wrote:Recently Omploader has been flagged by most anti-viruses (eg, Avast! apparently its the most downloaded anti-virus for windows on download.com )as a malware distributor, this is not the case.[...]
Did you even read when this topic was posted?
30-05-2013 00:09:42
Right, that is more than half a year ago

IthegeekRS

by IthegeekRS » Post

sfan5 wrote:
IthegeekRS wrote:
Jordach wrote:Recently Omploader has been flagged by most anti-viruses (eg, Avast! apparently its the most downloaded anti-virus for windows on download.com )as a malware distributor, this is not the case.[...]
Did you even read when this topic was posted?
30-05-2013 00:09:42
Right, that is more than half a year ago
Derp. Derpedy derp derp. DERP