Minetest in space

Michael Eh?

Minetest in space

by Michael Eh? » Post

The sky is the limit but in minetest few take advantage of the high ceiling. I started to build a space theme starting with asking admin to place a block in the upper atmosphere using worldedit. From there I worked outwardly .. yes this server has fly but teleports you have to use teleporters.

I layout on computer a graph of the main deck with outer ring. Marking with blocks to keep track where I was on the plan.

This pic is well into contruction, rounding the corridors and hull. Lighting the decks. Little or no details inside at this point. Working out the overall structure.

Power/warp core inspired by Menche's lighthouse beacon. Flowing water animates the core.

More pictures and layout plans on my blog, [url]cubicvolumes.wordpress.com[/url]

What you think SO far? Space station is open to the public.

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

0.o

Awesome build, bro.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Thanks. the station is about 100 blocks diameter. I've had a few visitors and it's a fun place to run around in.

I'm in need of doors that slide open/close with a swoosh sound. Been thinking, we need a elevator block where the textuers are in the inside of the block and clear on the outside but acts like a ladder in function.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Looking really good!

btw, your wordpress link was broken. Fixed.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Looks really nice.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Michael Eh? wrote: I'm in need of doors that slide open/close with a swoosh sound. Been thinking, we need a elevator block where the textuers are in the inside of the block and clear on the outside but acts like a ladder in function.
Oh yes, I still have those elevator doors. If you could come up with the sound and perhaps a texture, I think the window shutters will do fine.
The space station is a nice project. I'm looking forward to when it's finished.
A list of my mods can be found here.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

Is it built on a server?
If yes on which server.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Vanessa's server. TP box to the station is available. Still finishing up on the lower decks befoe I add stairs and proper access then I start with sprucing it up before starting on Firefly's Serenity.

BorisGrishenko

by BorisGrishenko » Post

Can you try converting that into a downloadable map for us to explore?
Hi, I'm this guy at his home somewhere in a very hot place.
Currently working on houses based in real and virtual worlds.
Judge Minister Claude Frollo should be a Disney Prince.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

BorisGrishenko wrote:Can you try converting that into a downloadable map for us to explore?
A Worldedit file would be better.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

The project is progressing. Main structure done but deck access is under construction. Some lower deck work needed and docks for UFOs needs work. It might be better to just get the decking done then release as a seperate file for people to customize from there.