Trash can/Junk removal?

Gatharoth

Trash can/Junk removal?

by Gatharoth » Post

Is there a way to remove collected items? And by remove I mean like delete them from the world.

Right now, I personally, would need like 20+ chests for the unneeded/unwanted items I get trying to mine iron. I already have about 5 chests full of cobble.

If you were to have a server, that did not allow free_move, most players (not including admins who would have free_move), would have a bunch of stacks of items that they aren't going to use, or at least, use even a forth of what there is.

stormrider2

by stormrider2 » Post

Gatharoth wrote:Is there a way to remove collected items? And by remove I mean like delete them from the world.

Right now, I personally, would need like 20+ chests for the unneeded/unwanted items I get trying to mine iron. I already have about 5 chests full of cobble.

If you were to have a server, that did not allow free_move, most players (not including admins who would have free_move), would have a bunch of stacks of items that they aren't going to use, or at least, use even a forth of what there is.
You just made me think of a mod. A trashcan mod.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

stormrider2 wrote:
Gatharoth wrote:Is there a way to remove collected items? And by remove I mean like delete them from the world.

+1
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Gatharoth

by Gatharoth » Post

Well, actually I started to do write one after I made this post, but then hit a brick wall when I got to the inventory on the trashcan. Since I haven't gotten familiar with the code and all the processes.

I was thinking something like, when you put something into the "trash can" node, it'll remove the object. Since it is possible to remove objects. But then again, cobble isn't an object, its a node/material item.
Last edited by Gatharoth on Sat Dec 24, 2011 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

stormrider2 wrote:

+1 too
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

NOW im just thinking outside the box..but why dont you just have it set the item number to 0 when the item is placed in the trash?
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

See it in Home Mod. http://c55.me/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=568

All made for all of you. You just doesn't look.
Last edited by Hackeridze on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
My game: RTMG
GENTOO USER

Gatharoth

by Gatharoth » Post

Hackeridze wrote:See it in Home Mod. http://c55.me/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=568

Oh sweet :D No I didn't look in it >.< mainly cus its a home mode, I figured it's gotta do with homes (buildings and deco)

Arcadia

by Arcadia » Post

use lava in a controlled enviroment
Last edited by Arcadia on Sat Dec 24, 2011 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
--Arcadia--

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

Lava doesn't remove or burn items currently.

hmmm

by hmmm » Post

dannydark wrote:Lava doesn't remove or burn items currently.
and there's no way to drop blocks as items

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

hmmm wrote:
dannydark wrote:Lava doesn't remove or burn items currently.
and there's no way to drop blocks as items
Right clixk or DROP_BUTTON(look to prefrences)
GENTOO USER

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Yeah, I've mistaken with the /give command a few times,. Now I have 5 or 6 invalid items in my inventory, and I can't get rid of them.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

Hackeridze wrote:See it in Home Mod. http://c55.me/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=568

GENTOO USER

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

There is a dirty way to remove unwanted items:
Put a chest in front of a sticky piston, put all the items you don't want in and turn the piston on and off, the items in the chest are then deleted. Of course this can't replace a real trash can ^^
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)