A question on solving a map issue..

RAPHAEL

A question on solving a map issue..

by RAPHAEL » Post

I have the old maps from first run of my server and they contain unknown objects from where there was a mod and it was removed. Is there a way to remove those seemingly indestructible unknown blocks?
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

It is currently not possible to convert 0.3 and prior maps to 0.4.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Calinou wrote:It is currently not possible to convert 0.3 and prior maps to 0.4.
They aren't from 0.3, the old map is from the latest dev build. I know this because I play on his server.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Calinou wrote:It is currently not possible to convert 0.3 and prior maps to 0.4.
The maps are from latest 0.4 dev snapshot. The issue is unknown blocks from mod removal.

My server currently has a new map but I would like to [clean up the map and possibly release it for others to enjoy.]

EDIT: Seems my first post didn't fully post? text in [ and ] was what wasn't saved.
Last edited by RAPHAEL on Sun Dec 25, 2011 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

You can use WorldEdit to remove the unknown blocks
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)