seeds from grass

Post Reply
User avatar
cathhart
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 13:11

seeds from grass

by cathhart » Post

i have red a lot of post saying that you don't enough seeds from the grass well i have a way to get a seed from every grass,
when harvesting grass if you do not get a seed just replant it sometimes it takes 3 or 4 goes but you do get a seed, and every so often you need to replant a grass a lot more times, but its not that much trouble if you want the seeds, so stop complaing about it and work it out like i did.

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

by VanessaE » Post

Seems that the correct solution then would be for grass to set a bit of metadata on place that can be checked for when dug. If such a flag is present, that grass would be treated as though it has no seeds.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
cathhart
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 13:11

by cathhart » Post

VanessaE wrote:Seems that the correct solution then would be for grass to set a bit of metadata on place that can be checked for when dug. If such a flag is present, that grass would be treated as though it has no seeds.

i don't know about that, but i was just saying how to get more seeds, as people were complaining about not getting enough seeds. i like the grass the way it is.

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

I've never read anything about people not receiving enough seeds. Either way I set it up so there are a whole lot of grass everywhere and digging at grass would give me a 10% chance of getting a seed, the rest of the 90% I get nothing.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

See http://wiki.minetest.net/Grass

The probability to get wheat seed from grass is 20%. The probability to get grass from grass is 80%. The probability to get nothing is 0%, Gambit.
I gathered the data from the source code of the farming mod.

The replanting trick works well because the probability that you still have no wheat seed after 5 consecutive digs is (20%)^5 = 0.032%.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Thu Nov 07, 2013 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

Wuzzy wrote:See http://wiki.minetest.net/Grass

The probability to get wheat seed from grass is 20%. The probability to get grass from grass is 80%. The probability to get nothing is 0%, Gambit.
I gathered the data from the source code of the farming mod.

The replanting trick works well because the probability that you still have no wheat seed after 5 consecutive digs is (20%)^5 = 0.032%.
No, I'm saying I adjust it that way.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests