including good mods to minetest game

anton-tsyganenko

including good mods to minetest game

by anton-tsyganenko » Post

minetest is a good game, but it hasn't enough features in minetest_game. a lot of features can be added by mods, but some new players don't want to install them. also, you shouldn't include lots of mods to minetest_game, because it can make it too slow. So I thing, you should include some mods, that are well-tested and does not break the concept of the game (for example, mods, tat add features, that are planed to add to minetest_game in future (like carts or lite version of carts)) to minetest_game but make them disable-able from main menu (or disabled by default and enable-able from menu)

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

anton-tsyganenko wrote:but make them disable-able from main menu (or disabled by default and enable-able from menu)
That would only make it more complicated and it's already easy to install mods in 0.4.8
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

anton-tsyganenko

by anton-tsyganenko » Post

or another idea: make a not very long list of mods, that are well-tested, does not break the concept of the game and recommended to install

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

What are "good" mods? How would judge?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

anton-tsyganenko wrote: [...] a lot of features can be added by mods, but some new players don't want to install them. [...]
You? Enabling and disabling mods is currently at the easiest level it could ever be. The only you could request is a database in the client of all mods, with click-by-download. I don't see any reason to put alot of rubbish into the minetest_game, you could make your own game-"name", which contains all mods, which you like. :)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Also ( if i am not mistaken ) there was already a similiar discussion about this. And from what i heard, the main idea of the default minetest_game from c55 was, to have a very light, basic game to start with. Everything else should be build on top of this ( installing mods ) or other (sub)games. Since they installed a Modmanager i don't think there is much more to ask for to increase simplicity. Even without that modmanager it was not very complicated and still enough imo. I hope they keep the minetest_game how it is and just keep it up to date with the minetest API.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

I believe that part of the reason minetest isn't blooming is because people download the game and don't see that much. Now I don't really want a giant community but then I can't complain when so much has already been added since I joined.
On another topic the only thing I think should be added is more biomes once they are definable via lua.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right