MidniteLauncher is go!

cookiemonsta

MidniteLauncher is go!

by cookiemonsta » Post

Me and a few friends have put together a launcher/fork of minetest that includes various mods, all working properly with Sphax's texturepack, enabling the user to just pick a gametype and have everything all set up.

Go to the link below if you're interested. :D

https://github.com/lukeyy/MidniteLauncher

cookiemonsta

by cookiemonsta » Post

cookiemonsta wrote:Me and a few friends have put together a launcher/fork of minetest that includes various mods, all working properly with Sphax's texturepack, enabling the user to just pick a gametype and have everything all set up.

Go to the link below if you're interested. :D

https://github.com/lukeyy/MidniteLauncher
To download, follow the link on the page named "launcher", go to the right of the screen and click "Download ZIP".

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

omg why you pushed to git whole zip?? Git is not filehosting but version control..
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Wtf is this?

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

[17:00] <PilzAdam> "NOOB, DID YOU USE M$ PAINT"

"BURN IN HELL, *word for branches*, YOU DON'T KNOW DEVVING!"
-PilzAdam.

JK.

While your work is a good first attempt at developing games, it is not worth the 80 MB download. I thought twice before critiqing your work, because as you can see, there is an ambient lack of creative workers around here. Critic is good, if you take it in a positive way.

1. Your work is unfortunately, unoriginal. The menu layout is the same, the mods are just copied from somewhere else, the map can be easily created. It has the same ol' MT icon, and there are absolutely no difference to the gameplay.

2. You packaged the thing in a zip and pushed that to git? GitHub is a version control system. It manages your source code, not the file resulting of it. Switch the zip to Google Drive, or Dropbox, or any other 'file-hosting' service.

3. M$ Paint is unprofessional. Use Paint.NET, Gimp, or Sai instead. I'd always recommend Paint.NET

4. Be ORIGINAL! Package your own mods, or a collection of some original and some of others' mods. Ask around on the IRC about how you can make your own 'subgame'.

There is still a load of advice I or other minetest users can give you. Don't feel bad about what people might say. Use the PM button in the top right to contact me or any other person who you think might help you out. Else, hang around the IRC.
Last edited by hoodedice on Sun Jan 12, 2014 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Github is not a file sharing site. It is for source code. Comprendo?
Last edited by Evergreen on Sun Jan 12, 2014 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

.zip on Github. Haven't seen that before. Usually it takes quite a bit of effort to set up github, and by the time you're done you should have the concept pretty ingrained.
hoodedice wrote:[snip]
Read this. Dream this. Be this. And don't stop thinking about this until you know it by heart. Capiche?
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Nice attempt though.

cookiemonsta

by cookiemonsta » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Nice attempt though.
Thanks! I hope to learn more, because, as you all can probably tell, I'm pretty noobish. In the future I wish to make some mods. :D